Hi/Hello||3

So this is it.

The concert won't start for hours but I couldn't sleep so I slipped out while the two of them were asleep and took my motorcycle to a nearby beach. A literal five A.M. stroll on the sand.

I always come here when things were just overwhelming. And now it certainly was.

Seeing Cheryl after five years, what would I even say? Sorry I left you and both of our lives got much better?

Waves crashing against the rocks, makes me shudder slightly as the moon still sits high and the sun is nowhere in sight.

My mind flashes to that night, the one before I jetted off in the morning back to Connecticut. We were sitting on the edge of my bed, having just finished painting each other's toe nails and it just hit me.

"Cheryl" I clear my throat as she looks at the glitter infused cotton candy pink polish she just put on my toes.

My heart is racing violently, blood flushing every ounce of flesh that usually lacks the red color and just by appearance I knew she could tell that something was wrong.

"Babe-what's wrong with ya?" Her fingers pinch my hot cheeks in act to defuse the serious situation, but it won't work. I was about to break her heart for what I believe is all the right reasons.

"I think we have to to break up"

Cheryl's breath has been whisked away as her coffee brown orbs just stare at me in disbelief but not in complete shock or surprise. Because we had been discussing this, how I feel that I'm holding her back from being greater. And she would say that she had two albums that did fairly well but it wasn't enough for me.

"Am I suppose to ignore you like you aren't even around now? Kim I knew you were thinking it but I didn't think you would have this conversation with me-"

"I know you don't want to hear it but I'm holding you back, you can be more amazing than you already are."

Cheryl looks down at my toes before back up at me as I stumble to my wooden desk, pulling on one of the black knobs as a draw opens, pulling out a single one-way ticket back to Connecticut in America.

She begins shaking her head, still making sure her hurt isn't visible to my eyes.

"You're going to leave me? How long have you been plotting this plan-"

"It's not a plan-"

"We can make this work, we can just change-"

"The fact that you know is ridiculous.Cheryl, you know that it's all wrong. We love each other but we bring out the worse in each other because we have one track minds. Our minds revolve around each other and it won't change unless something happens. You told me that you would rather be unhappy with not achieving your dreams then leave me"

I give Cheryl a moment to think about her words before she looks back at me.

"You've thought a lot about this"

I nod.

"I can't have that. This is me putting you first because that's how strong my love is for you-"