Chapter 1

She wanted to scream as she gathered the dirty laundry from the floor of their 'temporary bedroom' what had turned into a couple of nights quickly spiraled into six weeks.

Six long weeks.

Adam refused to talk to Al about it, claiming he couldn't hurt his friend like that. Al needed him and he refused to turn his back on him.

Seemed he was perfectly willing to let her feel hurt.

Four weeks ago after he reminded her that he liked 'to get laid' she had brought up finding a place of their own.

He said it was a good idea, and that once Al was gone they would start looking.

They still hadn't looked and it seemed as if Al and Michelle would never leave, it was hard to not resent Al as well Michelle.

It wasn't their fault.

The blame could be placed at Adam's feet.

She was beginning to wonder where exactly his head was, he would barely acknowledge her at work lately, and when he did it was to beg to crash at her place.

After all the man had needs, she was tired of hearing about his 'blue balls' and how Al was seriously hurting his sex life.

She heard the door open, praying it wasn't Adam. It was sad that they had come to this, she exhaled when she saw Michelle smile.

"Hey, Kim" Michelle greeted her, just in from classes at the local community college, "hey let me take care of that for you" she motioned to the laundry basket, "where's my dad?" She asked taking the basket from Kim.

Kim plopped down on her 'bed' which was just a couch butted up against another couch and Al's cot on the opposite side of the living room.

"Working. Intelligence caught a heater" she wiped her brow, "You sure you don't mind dealing with the laundry?" It was the last thing she felt like doing but hated pawning it off on the kid.

"Are you kidding? It's the least I could do" she sat on Al's cot, "I mean my dad and I are seriously invading your apartment" she smiled.

"Adam's" Kim corrected her.

"Ah, that's right" Michelle blushed a bit, feeling awkward. It wasn't the first time they had this conversation and she had put her foot in her mouth. She knew she hurt Kim when she pointed out how she and Adam should be living together.

Kim rose from the bed and grabbed a piece of paper from the messy counter, the apartment was small for just the two of them but adding another two made it even smaller. Resulting in shit everywhere and on the best of days Adam was barely neat, it was hard for her notorious clean freak personality to live in such clutter.

She started writing, "Can you do me a favor?" She asked over her shoulder.

Michelle looked up from sorting the dirty laundry, a little uncomfortable dealing with Adam's boxers, "Anything" she smiled.

"Can you make sure Adam gets this" she folded the sheet of paper and stuck it in the envelope.

"Everything okay?" Michelle questioned, almost positive she could see Kim's eyes glistening.

Kim nodded, "Yea, just need to head to my place tonight" she covered, "you'll make sure he gets it" she grabbed her coat off the back of her chair, "thanks Michelle"

"Kim?"

She stopped in the doorway, "Adam loves you. You know that right?" Michelle told her.

Kim offered half a smile, "I do" she pulled the door closed and rested her back against it for a few seconds willing herself not to cry.