Chapter 5

She clutched her robe to her chest, as she leered at the sleeping figure in her bed. What the hell was she thinking? Inviting him back to her place, the smirk on Sean's face as they left Molly's. He even had the balls to wink at her as if he knew this was bound to happen.

He rolled over the sheet falling from his well defined chest, she wouldn't deny the fact he was attractive. Very attractive but he wasn't Adam.

She felt the guilt already building within her, deep in her soul.

"Hey" Seth greeted her, his hair disheveled, "last night was....fun" he smiled as he stood up and pulled his boxers on.

Kim didn't know what to say, not when she was currently lost in a sea of gut wrenching guilt.

"That good huh?" Seth asked, "Listen, I get it. Last night was fun but I know it meant nothing" he knew what she was doing the minute she asked him to go home with her.

He didn't care, he found her to be stunning and couldn't understand how her fiancé could walk away from her.

"I'm sorry Seth" she sat on the edge of her bed, "I wasn't in my right mind, this" she pointed at him and then back at herself, "should never have happened, I still love Adam. This was a mistake, I hope you aren't angry with me" this was so not her. She didn't do casual sex, and never with a man she barely knew.

Seth finished getting dressed, "It's alright. I just hope that guy knows what he's doing. If it was me? I would have never let you walk away" he said as he buttoned his shirt, he bent down and kissed her cheek, "I hope it works out the way you want it to"

She smiled softly, "I'm sorry" she whispered.

Though she spoke the words to Seth, they were meant for Adam.

"Alright, kid. Thanks for everything" Al said as he shook Adam's hand, "I appreciate you putting up with us for so long"

Adam nodded.

"I hope we didn't have anything to do with Kim ending things" Al confessed.

"You didn't" he told him, "it's all on me"

Al handed the car keys to Michelle, "Why don't you go in the car, give Adam and I few minutes"

She smiled, "Bye Adam"

Adam nodded.

"A little unsolicited advice?" Al offered.

"Sure" Adam told him.

"Don't give up on her, you're fucking miserable without her, I don't know what your hang up is but let it go man" Al patted his cheek, "you love her, and she loves you. Don't blow it"

Adam smirked, "Al, I'm just going to fuck it up anyway. Saving us both some heartache and keeping kids out of the mix"

Al looked at him sideways, "What the fuck does that mean?"

"My parents between the two of them have been married and divorced over ten times" it was absurd, "I'm not the marriage kind of guy, Kim deserves better"

"That's a shit excuse" Al told him, "you aren't your parents, kid. You shouldn't sell yourself short"

"Duly noted"

Al laughed "alright I get it. I'm leaving"

Al was right he was miserable, nothing hurt more than seeing Kim sitting at the bar with Sean's brother.

She had avoided him the whole time he was there and it killed him.

Could he make marriage work? He wanted to,that he knew, but the thought of a marriage to Kim ending in divorce scared him.