Chapter 10

We are running, the Doctor is trailing behind and getting out of breath.

"Okay, okay, okay. Stop, stop, stop. Far enough." The Doctor huffed, "Question one. Robbing banks is easy if you've got a Tardis. So why am I not using it?"

"Question two, where are we and where is the Tardis?" I said

"Okay, that probably should be question one." He said catching his breath.

An alarm sounds and security grills block all the exits. The Bank computer has a friendly, slightly cheerful male voice.

"Banking floor locking down."

"They know we're here." Jim says

"Banking floor locking down."

A women with red hair enters with two suited men and goes to a male customer. Then something with two-toed feet enters, wearing an orange prisoner jump-suit and its arms in a straight jacket. This being has its eyes on the end of flexible stalks. It walks slowly with its armoured escort behind, holding onto the ends of its chains.

"What is that?" Sherlock says

"I don't know. Hate not knowing." The doctor whispers

"Excuse me, sir. I regret to say that your guilt has been detected." The red head said

"What? That, that's totally ridiculous." The man said

"Is it, sir? Well then, we will certainly double-check. The Teller will now scan your thoughts for any criminal intent. Good luck, sir." She said

"Interesting." The Doctor said

"What is?" Jim says

"The latest thing in sniffer dogs. Telepathic. It hunts guilt."

A high pitched sound makes the unfortunate customer hold his head in pain.

"What about our guilt?" I say worried

"Currently being drowned out." The doctor says

"What's he doing?" I question looking at the man.

"If he has a plan, he's trying not to think of it." The doctor replied

"Ever tried not thinking about something?" Jim says

"No." I respond

"You may have to." Sherlock says. The creature roars.

"Ah, criminal intent detected. How naughty. What was your plan? Counterfeit currency in your briefcase, perhaps?" The red head says.

"No, not at all. For God's sake." The man says

"It doesn't really matter, we'll establish the details later. The Teller is never wrong when it comes to guilt. Your account will now be deleted, and obviously your mind. Suppertime." She says. The armoured guards hold on to the creature's chains as it steps closer to the customer. It puts its eye stalks together and a pulsating ray is aimed at the customer's head. He clutches his head.

"It's wiping his mind. Turning his brain into soup." The Doctor says disgusted

"Your next of kin will be informed, and incarcerated, as further inducement to honest financial transactions." Red head says.The customer screams.

"We've got to help him." I say

"He's gone already. It's over." The Doctor says with no emotion.

"He's in agony, look at him." I exclaim

"Those aren't tears, Molly. That's soup." He replies.

The creature separates its eye stalks. The man stops screaming and a suited man catches him. The front of his brain pan is caved in.

"Account closed. Take him away. He's ready for his close-up." Red head says, "Apologies for the disturbance. Everyone have a lovely day." She says turning away.

Corrective criticism is appreciated :)

-LunaBea123

541 Words