Chapter 15

"What's that." I questioned

"Supply line. It's the only oxygen down to the private vault. There's another one for water, for basic life support." The doctor says.

"What, for a private vault? "

"Someone likes to hang out with their wealth." The doctor drawls. We look around the vault whilst listening to the Overture To The Abduction From The Seraglio by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, K384. Lots of small statuary around the place including a Buddha, Tutankamun's golden coffin. The team enter through a grill, of course.

"Director Karabraxos? Excuse us, but we've come to rob you. So if you want to put your hands above your head, or" the doctor demands but is cut off. The richly embroidered high backed chair spins round to reveal a woman identical to Ms Delphox with her hands up. The music ends.

"Or? You didn't bring any weapons. That's a bit of an oversight. Security, Karabraxos here."

"You're Karabraxos?" I say confused.

"One moment."

Delphox is in a monitor, "Director Karabraxos, is there a problem?"

"Intruders in the private vault. Send me the Teller. I want to find out how they got in, and then I want to wipe their memories."

"She's a clone." The doctor realizes.

"It's the only way to control my own security. I have a clone in every facility. Get on it right away."

"Yes, of course." Delphox says.

"And then hand in your credentials. You're fired, with immediate effect."

"But please, I've been in your service.."

"Ever since the last one let me down and I was forced to kill it. I can't quite believe that you're putting me through this again." The Transmission ends.

"My clone. And yet she doesn't even protest. Pale imitation, really. Ha! I should sue." Karabraxos says.

"You're killing her? You just said.." I started.

"Fired? I put all of the used clones into the incinerator. Can't have to many of moi scattered around." She said gesturing to herself.

"Sorry, you don't get on with your own clone?" Jim says.

"She hates her own clones. She burns her own clones. Frankly, you're a career break for the right therapi... Shut up. Everybody, just, just shut up." The doctor suddenly says.

"And what is this display now, as amusing as you are?" Karabraxos says amused.

"Shut up. Just shut up, shut up, shut up, shutetty up up up. What, what did you say? What did you say? What did you say about people's eyes? De-shut up. Say it again Sherlock."

"I can tell their past and present just from their own eyes?" He says and I stand by him clasping my hand in his. I return my attention to the doctor.

"I know one thing about the Architect. What is it that I know about the Architect? I know one thing. Something that I've known from the very start."

"What?" I questioned.

"I hate him. He's overbearing, he's manipulative, he likes to think that he's very clever. I hate him! Molly, don't you see?"He strikes a handy gong.

"I hate the Architect."

"What in the name of sanity is going in this room now?" Karabraxos says confused.

"We're getting sanity judgment from the self-burner. Can I borrow some paper and a pen?"

"Why." Karabraxos asked giving him what he wants.

"I need to give you something." He replied. The doctor gives Karabraxos a paper with his number on it and the words, IAM A TIME TRAVELER. The building shakes as the Solar storm grows closer.

"Oh, that was a big one, wasn't it? I think that your bank is about to close for good, Karabraxos. If I was you, I'd get going. Don't mind us, we'll just stay here and burn."The alarm sounds as the solar flare sweeps across the planet and the Bank. The customers panic. Karabraxos is packing a bag, A Small necklace that looked expensive and a few other items.

"Hard to know what to take. The greatest treasures of the universe in just one suitcase."The building shakes again.

"Doctor, what's the plan? Is there a plan?" I say quickly.

"We can use the shredders and get us back to the ship." Jim says.

"They're not shredders, they're teleports, and that's not the most interesting thing about them." The Doctor says.

"so what is?"

"There were six of them."

"Doctor, what the hell is going on?" Jim says

"Are you remembering?" I ask.

"No, not a thing. But I'm understanding."

"What? What is it? What are you understanding?" I question.

"I'm not sure yet. I need my memory back. And I think there's only one way to do that."

"Which would be?"

"Soup." He replies. Ding! The lift doors open and the Teller enters.

"Hello, big man. Peckish?" The Teller grabs the Doctor's mind with its own. The pain drives the Doctor to his knees.

"Doctor!" I scream and run toward him.

"No, no. Let it take me. Let it read me. It's the only way." He says quickly.

"It will kill you!"

"What have I told you about pessimism? That's it, that's it. There are so many memories in here. Feast on them. Tuck in. Big scarf, tight suit, bit embarrassing. What do you think of the new look? I was hoping for wonderful, but I think I came up with lazy giraffe. But the last few days, there's been a block. Can you see the block? Tell me why I'm here. Show me why I'm here. Show me!"

~

what the doctor sees with the help of the teller.

~

Suddenly the Tardis appears in Sherlocks living room. No one comes out, the Doctor cautiously walks up to his Tardis. I walk up with him and he is about to open the doors when it gets a phone call.

"Come to     39°32′7″N 76°20′59″W on planet Karabraxosios, floor 4 room 12. you gave me your number, It's time." A scraggly voice says. The doctor says yes and the doctor, Molly, Sherlock and Jim go into the Tardis. We fly to 39°32′7″N 76°20′59″W. We enter a hospital and
Got to floor 4 and open door 12.
An old woman lying in a bed is on the other end of the line, hooked up to various monitoring devices. She explains everything we need to do and we jump back into the the Tardis.

"We need to rob a bank." The doctor says

"What?" Molly says.

"Molly, I need worms." He sets the time rotor going and scrolls through various faces, including Jim and Sherlock.

"The Bank of Karabraxos has never been breached." The doctor says. Jim and Sherlock delete their memories, then Molly strokes the worm.

"Architect." The doctor says. He works to disguise his voice.

TARDIS AUDIO: Architect.

"Architect." The doctor says again.

TARDIS AUDIO: architect

"Architect." The doctor says a final time. Then he places the cases where they will be found later.

"You will rob the Bank of Karabraxos." The doctor said disguised as the architect.

Thanks for reading

-LunaBea123

1176 words