Chapter 11

Our four enter a small room with red walls broken up by faux marble columns. There is a computer interface on the wall opposite the ornate metal doors.

"Deposit booth locking. Please exhale. Your valuables will be transported up from the vault." The computer says.

The doctor breaths into the tube. It turns green and A case arrives.

"If the architect can break in here and plant this thing, then why does he need our help?" Jim says.

"Depends what the thing is." The doctor said and opened the case.

"Okay, well, I'm no expert, but fuses, timer. I'm going to stick my neck out and say bomb." Sherlock said. "Doctor was there a map of the band in the case?"

"The floor below is all service corridors, the veins and arteries of the bank." The Doctor does a brief tap dance in the middle of the floor."He wants us to blow through the floor."

"Well, we'll die if we do that." Sherlock says.

"Well, not necessarily, there must be a plan." The doctor says.

"What if the plan is, we're blowing up the floor for someone else? What if we're not supposed to make it out alive?" I say worried.

"Oh, don't be so pessimistic. It'll affect team morale." The doctor says.

"What, and getting us blown up won't?" Jim says.

"Well, only very, very briefly." The doctor replies.

"Er, no. No way. You can do you what you like. I'm going to take my chances out there." Jim says

"Jim." I say

"No, no, no. This guy, the doctor, is a lunatic."

"What do you want, Jim, more than anything else? Whatever it is, it's in this bank. You agreed to rob the most impregnable bank in history. You must have had a very good reason. We all must have. Picture the thing you want most in the universe, and decide how badly you want it. Well?" The doctor says trying to convince him to stay.

"Still don't understand why you're in charge." Jim says.

"Basically, it's the bow tie." He says smiling." The Doctor has primed the device from the case. He puts it in the middle of the floor and it starts to build up power. Everyone grabs a piece of wall and waits. The power peaks, there's a brief flash, then the sound of distand machinery. They turn around and look down a hole in the floor. The Doctor picks up the bomb.

"Nice. Dimensional shift bomb. Sends the particles to a different plane. Come on then, Team Not Dead." The doctor says.

Thanks for reading!

-LunaBea123

435 words