Chapter 14

The doctor and I walk into the vault and are surrounded my hundreds and hundreds of cases.

"It explains why we're not here in the Tardis." The doctor says suddenly.

"Sorry, what?"

"The solar disruption would have made navigation impossible. The one time the bank is vulnerable is the one time we can't just land."

"Doctor? The code. The code that was in the last case. Look. Tech." I say motioning to the paper I had stored in my pocket.

"Technology. 251. Find it." We hunted amongst the myriad of racks. I find the right section.

"Tech." I say to myself. We don't need a key to open the box. The Doctor opens the small case inside. It looks like a fat hypodermic syringe.

"It's a resurrection syringe." The doctor says. It lights up blue, "I've only ever seen one once before. You inject yourself and the picture a deceased person, they come back to life."

"Jim. That's what he came for, his reward." I said, " who did he want back?"

"So what did Sherlock come for?" The doctor says finding the next case. ORG 339 contains a small black box

"A ring." The doctor says

"Oh my god." I say realizing what it was. A perfect engagement ring.

"So the big question is this. What did we come for?" The doctor says smiling at me.

"PV." I say

"Private vault. Red heads own fortune?" The Doctor walks around the rack of boxes and straight into the Teller. Two armoured guards stand behind the Doctor and Clara.

"Intruders are most welcome. They remind us that the bank is impregnable. It's good for morale to have a few of you scattered about the place, preferably on view." Red head says, "pleasure I'm Delphox." She says smiling. CCTV images of the brain-dead in the cells are on a section of the wall.

"Are you ready for your close-up? If you're thinking of ways to escape, the Teller will know before you've even made a move. You'll never be bothered by all that thinking again." Delphox says.

"Useful species." The doctor drawls.

"Last of its kind, and we've signed an exclusive deal."

"Must be noisy inside its head. Painful to listen to so much chatter, so many secrets. Must drive it wild. How can you force it to obey?" The doctor questions.

"Oh, everything has a price tag, I think you'll find." Delphox says. The storm rages overhead.

"The storm's getting worse. The customers are leaving. Director Karabraxos will be concerned. Our jobs will be on the line."

"You're scared." I say

"Oh, I'm terrified. I have the disadvantage of knowing Karabraxos personally."

"If you don't like your boss, why stay?"

"My face fits. Now if you'll excuse me, I must take the Teller to its hibernation. You two, dispose of our guests."

Delphox and the Teller leave, and the door closes behind them. The guards push The doctor and I up against the wall.

"Don't do this. I'm having a very bad day, and I do not want to be pushed around." The doctor says.

"You're wrong." One of the guards say.

"Wrong?"

"It's not that bad a day. And you're being very slow. "

"Why are you undoing my handcuffs?" The doctor questions.

"Jim?"

"It looked like death. It was actually a teleporter." Sherlock says taking off his helmet. I wrap him in a huge hug.

"Oh, my God." I whisper looking him up and down, " I thought I lost you."

"Good, eh? You think we're dead, so the Teller thinks we're dead, and we play the creature at his own mind games."

"No, no. Wait, wait, wait, wait. What? Sorry, sorry, what? You, you, you're, you're alive?" The doctor says confused.

"Yeah, we're alive. Look at us. We're all alive." Jim says.

"No, no, no, no. Not dead. Alive."

There's an escape ship in orbit. Takes you right there. Oh, and there's this big blue box. Is that yours?" Jim asks

"Well, this is good, I suppose. You'll be able to resume the mission. Resurrection syringe. Brings back one being from the dead." The doctor says handing Jim a bag with the syringe in it. Sherlock takes the box from the the doctor. He winks at him as I pretend to not know what's going on.

"There you go. Job done, paid in full. Clever old Architect."

"Very clever." Sherlock says.

"I still hate him." The doctor states

"Me too."

"How were you paid?" Jim asks

"I don't know. There's something in the private vault."

Thanks for reading!😘

-LunaBea123

762 words