Chapter six- Carlisle's POV (Edited)

Chapter six

Carlisle's POV

All of our wounds split open. Helen's stomach and arms were covered in blood as was Owen's arm and Kayla's back. It looked as though Nathan's legs were bleeding inside his leg as it he veins were Crimson red. My arms were leaking blood on the forest ground. The pebble necklace was burning against my skin.

"Ah! They are on my skin, get them off! Get them off!" Helen suddenly screamed terrified.

We have no ideas what she is seeing.

"What is it?" Owen was very concerned as we all were.

He rubbed her back gently comforting her.

"There are bugs all over me!" Helen sobbed.

"Oh My God! Can you see the huge snakes sliding towards me!" Nathan suddenly shrieked scrambling back horrified.

"There is nothing there, Nathan," Kayla said.

"Oh my God! Do you see that?!" Kayla whispered to me.

"See what? I'm sorry, but I don't see anything." I quietly responded.

"Spiders. Lots of them all running towards me in swarms." "

What the hell is that?" Shouted Owen sounding panicked.

"What are you seeing?" Kayla asked him.

"Some sort of liquid. It looks like ink." Suddenly a ghostly figure came towards me. As it loomed forward me I could see someone that looked very much like Holly. I remember that she even spoke to me.

"I died of ink poisoning. People are dying in Raininghill from the same thing. They kill us by injecting ink into our veins. Check the Fatalitynote."

"Who are they?" I tried to ask her but she had faded away.

I was quite shaken and it took me a few minutes to speak again. When I looked at Owen, he cried out as carvings of other names began appearing on his skin. Helen got out the Fatalitynote and gasped.

"Olivia Audrey, ink poisoning

Laya twopence, ink poisoning

Scarlet Mexo, ink poisoning

Lucie Stephans, ink poisoning

Yasmine Syd, ink poisoning,"

"They are all girls," Kayla muttered sadly.

Owen was still in pain.

I mused to myself ", I wonder why. And why ink poisoning?"

"Absolutely no idea." Owen said after he recovered from some of the agony.

"Why is this happening in Raininghill? It does not seem to be in the other hills." Helen wondered just like the rest of us.

"Well none of us know the answer and it's getting late. We should get back. I am longing for a drink at the fountain!" Owen suggested.

"Good idea! Me too!" I said relieved.

We set off shaken and filled with agony. We continued in silence engrossed in our thoughts. We arrived quite late and we were frozen in the very core. We nearly fell into our sleeping bags and fell into a deep sleep. We woke to the alarming sound of Owen' screams. Multiple people must have died from the sound of it. I silently crawled over to my backpack to get the Fatalitynote realising too late that I accidentally took it with me yesterday. I reached into the pocket of my rainbow hoodie. I slowly muttered the new names in the galaxy death book. There were only girls again. What was going on?!

"Speak a bit louder please. Who died?" Nathan wanted to know.

"Evie Decker, ink poisoning. Oh no! I knew her; she was in my class. She was so funny!
Anyway, Kait Zwerker, once again ink poisoning.
Kay Sepers, ink poisoning."

An enormous hatred came over me as I slammed the book down heavily. My Mum was dead and there was nothing I could do about it! I told them my lip trembling. Kay Sepers was my Mum. The best Mum there was, I tought. I still think that now. They were almost as shocked as I was.

They all hugged me tightly and comforted me while I sobbed through the night.