Chapter sixteen- Carlisle's POV

Chapter sixteen

Carlisle's POV

Stunned silence filled the room until Jaxon spoke shakily," What. Was. That?!"

I noticed Helen pinching herself to see if she was dreaming. I wished we were.

"Luci has gone to scream at Dad for sending Blu to do his dirty work," Celia said as if this kind of thing happened everyday.

"We should bury Kayla," I decided before anyone could speak.

"I agree," they said in unison.

"Where should we dig her grave?" Owen said teary eyed.

"Oh you poor mortals. We don't need to dig. I can make a hole in the ground with a snap of my fingers." Celia boasted. we ignored her.

I was thinking underneath the swing set. She loved children and she did want be a teacher. She should be buried in a children's playground,"

It was weird, but it was almost as if I was convincing myself of this as I spoke. Owen came to stand next to me, squeezed my shoulder and said," I know how you feel," I manged a tiny smile.

Owen's three year old sister, Opaline or Opal disappeared in a playground and was never found again. He looked at the playground near the tree house with such sadness sometimes that I had to look away. Out of the corner of my I saw Owen's green ones.

"Good idea," Jaxon said," we will dig the grave. I found a shovel. We'll take turns," Gesturing to Owen and Nathan

"I will put a spell around this place so that only we can see the playground."

"Okay, I'll carry Kayla to the swings," said Nathan.

"NO! Whose arms do you think she died in?" I said, shocking everyone including myself.

"Absolutely!" Nathan said stepping away hands up in surrender.

"Kayla really died in your arms? I'm so sorry, that's terrible," Helen said wide eyed.

"Yes, after," I swallowed back tears," Blu stabbed my girlfriend in the heart." I whispered.

Silence followed.

Then Celia called," the spell is done." We didn't even see her sneak off. I ever so gently lifted her with her fiery wings folded perfectly around her body making her look like an amazing fallen angel.

Once we struggled out climb up and hold Kayla and were out of the underground magic house the boys started digging. The Dolangions came running over asking hundreds of questions.

Helen told the mythical creatures what had happened. Stunned silence followed and Aqua started crying. We hugged her sobbing into her wings dazzlingly bright blue angel wings. Helen and I then sat on the wet ground not caring about our tatty, wet, ruined clothes. Scorpio, Nyx and Aqua stood next to us. I still held Kayla tightly not being able to let her go. Her body was getting stiffer.

"She really does look angelic, doesn't she?" Helen spoke. I just nodded watching the boys digging. I had cried and felt so much that day that my feeling seemed to drain from my soul leaving me numb. I thought back to the blue whispery vapor that rose out of Kayla's mouth. How had I known that it was her soul? There was a odd familiarity about it. I decided I wasn't going to tell Helen or the others about it.

"We are ready to proceed," Celia called us over and with a loud pop she disappeared. We rose and together we carried Kayla towards her grave. I glanced up at the forbidding sky. It looked as if angels had spilled black ink across the dark overcast sky.

We gently placed her in the ground and I blew her a kiss. Helen and I hugged, crying while Nathan and I filled the grave.

"Do you want to say anything?" Owen asked barely audible.

"I do," I stepped up to the rusty swing set," I'll listen to that song. I love you too. I will tell Helen that you are so sorry about you and Owen." By then I was a sobbing mess and I sank down to my knees where her body now lay for all eternity.