Chapter 6: Mimi

Quick Author Note: I realize there are some people who do not like to read things that are really discriptive and that is fine. This chapter is really discriptive, it is about Mimi's dressing rituals for the day. I made it discriptive to impress on the reader just how much the maids (slaves) have to do. For instance, they rub the lipstick into Mimi's lips. This shows the degrading methods used in Tempra against them. BUT if you do not want to read it then you may skip the paragraphs you don't want to read because I understand how boring some of you might find it. All she's doing is putting on make up and getting dressed. Enjoy the chapter.

----------

Mimi’s eyes fluttered open. Today was going to be extraordinary. Not only would she be getting a new personal slave, but a dragon. An actual dragon, Mimi would be able to fly all over Tempra. She rolled to her side, her silky, pink nightgown rubbing coolly against her skin. Her hair had become unruly from rolling around in the night. Yesterday’s dinner was a terror and she began to feel ashamed of what she did but then she realized that it didn’t matter. She was the Princess, if she wanted to slap around her dimwitted slaves, then she could. Besides, her Aunt should have taken her to whatever she excused herself for during dinner. Mimi sat up and shrugged.

At about the same time maids rushed in. There were three again, the same three that Mimi abused last night. They looked down as usual and rushed about her room. Two went to Mimi’s vanity table and set down their trays. One girl had a tray of makeups and the other girl’s tray was full of hair combs and brushes and accessories. The third girl, the freckled girl once again, was holding Mimi’s dress. She was going to dress her. Mimi got out of bed and walked across her room. She sat in the white and pink chair of her vanity desk. Right away the girls got to work, painting her face and brushing her hair.

The tallest maid brushed her hair and began curling it by twisting locks around bendable wires and setting them. The other maid, aside from the freckled one, applied makeup to Mimi’s face. She took a thin wooden brush with a little tuft of bristles and dipped it into a tiny silver bowl of pink liquid. She painted the future Queen’s lips with the brush. Next she cleaned her fingers with a damp rag and began to rub the lip tint into Mimi’s lips, staining them. She did this a few times and then put down the brush and handed the Princess her mirror. The handle was golden and had a floral design on it. Mimi took the mirror and held it up to her face, looking at her lips. They were now tinted a rosy red color. She handed the mirror back to the slave. The slave took the mirror and laid it down then picked up a new, wider wooden brush with wide rows of bristles. She opened a canister that contained a peachy pink powder. She wiggled the brush around in it and then dusted the powder over Mimi’s already closed eyelids. She kept doing so until her eyelids had a soft pink about them and Mimi swatted her away. The hair maid took the wires from her hair and smiled at the perfect job she did, watching the curls fall down Mimi’s shoulder. It was time to get dressed.

The Princess stood up and walked to the center of her room and demanded the maid who did her hair to open the curtains to the window so that sunlight could wash in. The maid did as her master bid her. Brightness flooded the room. And the hair maid and the makeup maid stood against the wall. Mimi looked to the freckled girl from last night.

“I want to wear teal today. I’m going to be meeting my new personal slave and I want to show her what Tempra’s about, what I’m about.” Mimi said curtly, ignoring the bulging purple bruise she had given the girl last night.

“Yes m’Lady.” The girl said curtseying before she began undressing Mimi.

It had been about an hour before the Princess was done dressing. She glided to the mirror excited to see how she looked. The teal radiated against her pale green skin. Teal was one of the royal colors as well as the Tempran national color. She twirled in front of the mirror and watched the dress flow. There were three layers to the dress, the under layer was white, the middle layer was light blue and the top layer, the layer that everyone saw, was teal. She wore a shear glittering shawl and belts made of lace and had floral designs. Once again she twirled. Oh how beautiful she looked. Mimi turned to the maids.