Chapter 13: Felix

“YOU PIECE OF IDIOTIC TRASH!” Mimi blared like a horn. Felix flinched and clenched her jaw as the Princess yelled at her. She had arrived back at the castle extremely late. She hurriedly gave Feyleh back her cloak before dashing to Mimi’s room with the bag of purple cheeses clutched tightly in her hand. As soon as she entered the room she was yelled at for entering without permission and the cheese was snatched from her hands only to be reintroduced to Felix as a hit across the face. Felix’s head snapped back immediately and she hid all emotions from her face.

                “And how dare you embarrass me in front of a beloved guest!” Mimi hollered.

                Felix supposed the guest Mimi spoke of was the teal skinned girl with the funny ears. Oddly enough the girl seemed unsettled by Mimi’s little show and she averted her eyes from the situation, as Felix noticed.

                “Turn your gaze back to me girl.” The Princess spat.

                Felix turned back to Mimi.

                Mimi let out a sarcastic laugh and threw her hands up into the air before chucking the cheese onto her desk. “It took you hours to fetch the measly bag of cheese.”

                Suppressing the urge to roll her eyes Felix let out a quiet, “Sorry m’Lady.”

                Mimi glanced at her friend who in turn looked uneasy, yet Mimi either ignored the state of her friend or was oblivious to it because next she said, “Can you believe this? She is apologizing!”

                The teal girl stepped closer to the Princess and said to her, “Look Mimi, it’s already getting dark. Let’s just leave the girl and be on our way.”

                The Princess sighed, slightly annoyed and slightly defeated, “You’re right Judari. I did want to take this moron with me but it seems we can do without the stupidity.” She turned her attention to Felix, “Go back to your quarters. You shall not be having dinner tonight.”

                Although Felix was happy about not having to accompany the evil Princess on whatever travel she was going on, she was reminded by the loss of dinner that she was really hungry.

                As Mimi and the girl identified as Judari began to leave the room Mimi turned around and said to Felix, “Clean my room.” And went through the door, but before Judari could leave Felix did not miss the glance that was sent her way that portrayed a look of sorrow and empathy, which the feline girl found quite interesting of a Tempran to be giving an Oiyan. The door closed.

                Felix was left to herself in the room. She spun slightly and looked at the room closely. It was perfectly clean, what was there to do? Felix let out a grunt and walked to the Princess’ desk. There were papers that contained scribbles of work that she assumed were for school. Oiyans did not receive an education so Felix did not know how to read the written Sarkatan language. Next to the bag was the cheese that Mimi had carelessly thrown onto her desk.

                You shall not be having dinner tonight. Mimi’s voice rang through Felix’s head and so did the reminder of a bag that was stuffed into the crevice of her breasts.

                This is metsza cheese. It is said that this cheese was the common food of the elfin people before they left our planet. Only skilled makers can create the cheese today. It’s even said that it really comes from an animal and not a plant. The cheese seller’s words rang through her mind and she smirked to herself before throwing a quick glance back to the door. Deciding that looking to the door wasn’t enough, Felix ran to it and quickly opened it and looked down both ways of the hallway. She could faintly hear the talking of Mimi and Judari as they began to leave her earshot around the corner. She quickly closed the door and ran back to the desk and hastily opened the sheer, soft cloth. Next, she grabbed the bag Lady Jake had given her and opened it up. Felix reached into the Princess’ cheese bag and grabbed three cheeses and put it into the bag Jake had given her. She tied up the metsza cheese bag and she tied up Jake’s bag before shoving it back into her bosom. After glancing around the room and deciding not to clean it, she knows as well as I that it’s clean, Felix  assured herself, she quickly left the room and made a beeline to her living quarters.