Chapter 11: Felix

Felix knew when she entered the market. There were smells of food and loud noises of people advertising their stand and shouting for people to buy from them. Even going as far as to say, “If I don’t sell it you don’t need it!” which made Felix chuckle to herself. It reminded her of home. There were animals in the streets and the vivid colors of the stand roofs were popping in Felix’s eyes. The dirt path she had been on had turned into cobble stone and lead into the market.

                By now Felix couldn’t remember what that blasted Princess even wanted to eat. Was in berries? Meat? Something to drink…? She racked her brain to remember. That’s when she bumped into someone and received a vicious glare before the bulky woman shoved her way passed Felix. Felix gave the woman’s back a confused and slightly angry glance. Ah! That’s right. She just said snack, nothin’ specific. Felix finally remembered. She patted the mystery fruit that was in her bosom, making sure that is was still there. When she felt it she sighed in relief. Now all I have to do is figure out what a perfect snack is… She walked through the various crowds of people. They were all wearing clothes just as gorgeous as the robe Felix was wearing. Maybe I should listen closely to the advertisements; Felix decided and flickered her ears about. 

                “HERE HERE! WE SELL THE BEST DRIED MEATS IN ALL THE LANDS!”

                “WANT SOMETHING THAT’LL ACTUALLY QUENCH YOUR HUNGER? BUY FROM ME!”

                “ALL ORGANIC! MY FOOD HAS GOT ABSOLUTELY NO MAGIC!”

                Then Felix’s ears twitched to the direction of one particular cry, “ONLY THE MOST ROYAL LIPS HAVE GRACED MY CHEESES! BUY FROM ME, AS PRINCESS MIMI DOES, AND YOU SHALL FEAST LIKE A ROYAL TOO!”

                Immediately Felix’s eyes darted to the direction of that claim and spotted a woman who was actually quite tall standing behind a table with all sorts of cheeses. There were wheels of cheese that were bigger than Felix’s head, small as her hand or served in bags as little cubes. She wound her way through the crowd and made her way to the seller. The cheese maker had dark brown hair that cascaded down her back and shoulders with light blue skin and white eyes. She eyed Felix judgingly.

                “What do you need?” She asked quite rudely.

                “Ya said th’Princess buys her cheeses from here?” Felix asked double checking.

                “And?”

                “I’d like to get some cheeses for her. I’m her personal.. Uh…”

                “Slave.” The woman finished for Felix noting the purple robe that was renowned within the market place. Felix bit her lip; she would never be ready to refer to herself as a slave. Who was this lady to call her that anyway?

                “Helper.” Felix corrected with what little pride she had left.

                The lady smirked, “So what do you need?”

                The feline girl stared up at her face and looked her dead in the eyes, “I want whatever Mimi usually would get.”

                With the smirk still plastered on her face the seller turned around and went to the back where more personal cheese orders could be found. The lady returned with a bag that was made of a clear, silky cloth. It was tied on top with a purple ribbon.

                “This is metsza cheese, the Princess’ favorite.” The lady said to Felix.

                Felix looked at the bag that was full of purple cubes of a cheese that was very foreign to her.