Chapter 18: Mimi

Her Aunt thought she wasn’t mature enough to get into contact with Prince Symon, well she had another thing coming. Mimi dipped her engraved bone into the red ink and signed her name silkily under the letter she had written under the lamp of electricity on her desk. She reread it to check for errors and satisfaction:

                Prince Symon Cred of Gor-Denril, Brother Planet to Sarkata, this letter is from Princess Mimi Zarkay of Sarkata. It has come to my attention that we are both of the age where it is appropriate for us to meet and become acquainted with each other. It might seem very forward of me, but I know we are both concerned about conceiving an heir for our planets. That being said, I would like to meet with you and get familiar with your personality. Hopefully you’ll realize that it would be wise on our parts to develop a partnership for the preservation of our family line so that our planets can continue to be ruled by capable beings. Please deeply consider my invitation.

                Mimi smiled happily to herself at how professional and mature her letter was. She couldn’t wait for her letter to arrive to him; it would take around two days however. Then it would take two months for him to arrive at Sarkata. She got up from her chair and left her desk, stretching in the process. Her Aunt would see in a while that she could be the Queen. She would be able to meet the Prince and impress him. Even if he weren’t impressed with her he would eventually have to consummate with her if he wanted an heir.

                Her feline slave was standing in a corner next to her desk looking straight ahead. The girl was acting strange today and Mimi wondered why. She stood stiffly and looked straight ahead at all times. It was weird.

                “Come and help me undress.” She demanded.

                The feline girl walked just as stiffly to the Princess and stood behind her, beginning to unlace the behind of the dress. Eventually Mimi was undressed and was slipped into her night clothes. She was tired from a stressful day of testing for school and writing and rewriting various letters for the Prince. She sprawled out on her cool bed and sighed contently. Dinner was amazing as well and her mind drifted to the meats and breads that sat in her belly. The orange haired maid was still standing on the other side of her room.

                “Leave!” Mimi barked slightly confused and aggravated.

                The feline bowed and made her way to the door before slipping out.

                Mimi snarled in disgust. All day the girl had been acting as if she didn’t know anything. It confused Mimi to no end. It was as if the girl had suddenly forgotten everything. The Princess rolled her eyes and snuggled into her pillow. It was cold and soothing. The glow of her lamp lit the room dimly and she let out another content sigh. Her eyes slowly shut.

                Soft shuffling had awoken Mimi from her slumber. She had always been a light sleeper but usually there was nothing to awake her in the night. Her eyes stared straight ahead of her as she listened. It was quiet footsteps. Mimi jolted up and saw an intruder. The light shone on a figure that was looking wide eyed at her. Mimi squinted up at the figure and saw the cat ears, then she saw the atrocious attempt at armor.

                “What on Sarkata do you think you’re doing? I dismissed you! Why are you in here and why aren’t you in your slave dress? What-”

                Suddenly Mimi fell against her bed as limp as a doll. Then the panic rolled in. She couldn’t get back up, her arms and legs wouldn’t listen to her. Her body knew they were there and she could feel their weight yet she could not move them. Mimi started to hyperventilate, she grunted as she still tried to control her body to no avail. The only thing she could move was her head.