Chapter Four

Is this actually happening? Am I really kissing Beca? Wait, what's that-is that-oh my God, is she kissing me back?

Chloe's thoughts raced through her mind without hesitation, sobering up with each touch of Beca's lips to her own. She knew she had to stop her, but the longer she let it play on, the better it felt. She was determined to stop her before long, but first, she wanted to remember this for it may never happen again. She was desperate for the memory, for something to cling to in the long hours she would lay awake listening to the deafening sound of her and her true love. For every kiss that she would lay witness to Jesse giving her. To every sound and to every touch, she wanted to always remember the way Beca felt in this situation.

She took note of the unique way her lips moved with hers, different but in a pleasant manner. She tasted of a wide variety of alcoholic beverages that she had consumed in the past five hours, but pressing passed that, she had an enjoyable flavor of vanilla. Chloe assumed that, by the natural vanilla scent that Beca gives off, it wasn't something she tried for.

A small moan was elicited from Chloe's parted lips as her hair was tugged on by the tiny brunette, but it thankfully went undetectable. It wasn't until she felt soft lips on her neck that she found the strength to push her best friend away. The attempt was returned with a groan and Beca's lips found their way back to her neck. "Beca, we can't. You are with Jesse."

"He did. I want to have some fun." Chloe's mind went fuzzy with pleasure when Beca's hand found its way under the denim of her jeans. "N-no, Beca." She pushed her away again, "You can't sink to his level. Be the bigger person." She said breathily. "But I don't want to. I want to have sex with you." She pounced yet again, but Chloe caught her by her arms. "I know you're going to hate me for this right now, God knows I will, but you'll thank me in the long run."

"Come on, Chloe. We both know you're in no position to say no." Her tone was immediately changed from bubbly and chipper, to egotistical. "What is that supposed to mean?" Chloe questioned half-heartedly, fearing the possibility that she had found out her secret. "I mean, you're just as drunk as I am, except you don't have the tolerance that I do." She knew she was right. Beca had always possessed a better tolerance for substance than she did, but she was intent on not letting Beca get any farther for her. If not for the sake of Beca's relationship, then for the sake of her well-being. She didn't want to be Beca's rebound to get back at Jesse, she wanted the sex they shared to mean something.

"Well, then, I am not going to drink anymore. In fact, we're leaving." She pushed passed Beca, earning a long, child-like whine the younger Bella. "But I don't want to. I want to be shit faced drunk and not deal with that dirt bag I call a boyfriend." Chloe sighed and yanked the bottle of whiskey from Beca before she touched it to her lips, "Too bad, Beca. There's only one way to fix things between the two of you and that's to talk to him. Now get your ass out of that seat and let's go." A milk curdling groan was released from the tiny woman as she lifted herself to her feet. She took a step and stumbled forward, unable to control her body with the level of intoxication currently taking over body.

Reacting quickly, Chloe threw Beca's arm over her neck and helped her hobble out of the building. She called a taxi and helped her in before taking a seat next to her. She gave the cabbie the address to their dormitories before sitting back in the seat and resting her head against the cold of the window. A silence fell over them, and even the cabbie could sense the tension between the two besties. "Aren't you two from that college acapella group, what are they, uh, the Bellas?" He tried to break the tension between them as it becomes too much for even him. Chloe gave the man a soft smile, "Yes, we are."

"I knew it. My little girl loves yins. She tells me all the time, 'Daddy, I wanna be a Barden Bella.' She's so cute, I thinks yins would like her."

"I'm sure we would. And you tell her to never give up. I little ambition and hard-work never steered me wrong. Right, Becs?" Beca gave Chloe a drunken glare, but Chloe shot it down with a stronger one. "Yeah, sure. That's what it takes, or you could just have someone jump into you shower and beg you, then turn you down when you throw yourself at her, right Chlo?" Her voice was stone cold as she gave Chloe the attitude that was usually always directed at someone other than her. With a shocked expression, Chloe choked on her words. "Yeesh, if that happens I think I'd rather help my daughter find a new dream." The cabbie spoke up.

"Don't listen to her, sir. She's just being a whiny bitch because she saw her boyfriend with another, prettier girl." Chloe returned the fire, immediately hating herself for all of the fallacious words falling from her lips. "Don't listen to her, she's just so caught up in the love she feels for someone else that she won't let loose and have fun. She can't see that whatever feelings she has aren't mutual and probably never will be."

Chloe was at a loss for words. She had never expected something like that come from Beca, at least not when her words are aimed at her. She was too terrified to come back with something, mortified that she could loose their friendship or she could reveal something that Beca doesn't know. "Fuck you, Beca." She opted for the easier way out of the conversation and scooted to the other end of the cab. It was a hushed ride back to their dorms, not so much as a loud breath from either Bella or the cumbersome cabbie.

Chloe's drunken act had put a dent in their friendship, and she's not sure she can get it back to normal.

Hey guys, sorry this took so long, but I think my writer's block is finally subsiding. Hopefully we can expect more from me. Don't leave me! I love you all and thank you for reading and for all of the amazing comments.

Lauren, if you're reading this, sorry I couldn't wait any longer, so I decided to just make this the chapter.

Guys, I'm starting to actually like BeChloe. I mean, Jeca is still number one, but BeChloe is cute, too. I may attach some cute photos once the BeChloe gets up and running.