Chapter Seven

"Guys, seriously? The category is Taylor Swift, you've all been dumped at least once. Surely to God you know Swift. She does nothing but write break up songs!" Beca yelled frustratedly at the Bellas, raking her hands through her hair. "Beca, calm down. They're trying."

"Yeah, Bec. You're turning into Aubrey." Amy's comment triggered the pent up tension in Beca's tiny body and she erupted. "Don't you ever compare me to her again! I am nothing like that! I like to have fun, and I like fucking a treble, and I...I..." she lowered herself to the floor and buried her face in her hands, "And I'm Aubrey. Everything is going to shit."

"Bec, is this really about the riff off? Or is it about something else?" Chloe moved to sit next to her as the others watched their tiny leader fall to pieces in their choreographer's arms. "My relationship is going to shit, and I just don't know what to do anymore, Chloe."

"Bec, his dad was sent away for a while. It's hard for him. All you can do is be there for him, be the girlfriend he needs."

"The girlfriend he needs?" She questioned, getting a nod from Chloe. "The girlfriend he needs is a girlfriend who will leave everything she knows behind, and go with him halfway across the country." Chloe immediately felt numb, "What?" she squeaked. "He asked me if I would go to Los Angeles with him. He said we could be a duo both romantically and musically."

"When, when, when does he want you to go?" Chloe stuttered slightly. "He's leaving in a few weeks."

"But that's finals. Beca, we can't win without you. We need you." Cynthia panicked almost immediately. "Relax. I didn't say I was going to go."

"Did you say no?" Stacie asked, silence following up the question. "Beca! We are going to crumble without you!" The girls erupted into a frantic mess of complaints and rants directed at the crumbling girl. "Guys!" Chloe's voice cut the sound and brought them to a halt. "She is hurt, and vulnerable, and all you guys care about is this group! She is your friend! Be a little more sympathetic!"

"You're right. We're sorry." Stacie sat on the other side of her, and wrapped her arms around her. "We're here for you, Becs. We support you." The girls nodded in agreeance, and one by one sat in a circle around Beca. "Thanks, guys. You're the best, but these are my problems and I shouldn't bring them to practice. I definitely shouldn't take them out on all of you. Come on. Let's get back to work, and kick some ass tonight."

~~

"Why are we doing this here? This place gives me the heebie jeebies." Stacie was the first to gripe upon reaching the destination of the riff off, "Don't worry, I'll protect you."

"Touch my goodies, and you will have no fingers left." Cynthia's hands immediately retracted, and tied behind her back. "It's not that bad. Just a little dilapidated."

"Beca, it's an abandoned hospital. Do you know how many people have died here? It's probably haunted."

"Please. Don't be such a girl, Stacie. It's got great acoustics."

"Trebles. So nice to smell you, I mean see you, again." Amy glared at Bumper as the boys stepped onto the same land. "Play nice, you two. I plan to bring my treble home, so it'd be nice if we didn't have to worry about one of you fatally injuring the other." Beca said as she crossed passed them and laid in Jesse's arms, smiling as they held her tight. He kissed her forehead, and she looked up at him with a smile. "Hi beautiful." He whispers before kissing her softly. She smiled and leaned into him more.

"Alright, aca nerds! Let's do this!" the voice of this year's ring leader immediately caught their attention, and every Bella turned to look at the former Bella. "Aubrey!" A smile stretched across Aubrey's face followed by a squeal when her former group of forever friends tackled her into a group hug.