Chapter Eight

"Cheated? On Benji?!" Beca yelled in utter shock at the confession she had been laid witness to. "I know, it was stupid. But I was drunk, and I thought he forgot my birthday, and this other guy was so sweet. Beca, you have to help me. I love Benji, I can't lose him."

"You should've thought about that before spreading you legs for some man whore." Emily glared at her, "Well, what do you want from me? This is your mess. And why are you coming to me, of all people for relationship advice?" She gave the younger Bella a look of confusion as she voiced the question, "Chloe would freak, the others aren't in relationships, so that leaves you and Amy." 

"Very good point." Beca nodded, immediately understanding what she was getting at. "Well, have you talked to him yet?"

"He's been avoiding me. He wouldn't even talk to me at the riff off. Would you?" 

"Another very good point." She pondered the thought for a moment, "Maybe we could trick him into it." Emily's head tilted to the side as she looked at her older friend in wonder. "Jesse can ask him to meet up,but instead of Jesse, we throw you at him. Jesse, text him."

"Why do I have to get involved in this?" Jesse whined, "Because if you don't, Emily won't be the only one getting punished." She threw him a glare, and he glanced at Emily before pulling his phone out with a huff. He punched in a few letters before his phone chimed, "He'll be on the quad in five." 

"Great. Let's go." She grabbed Emily's hand and led her out of the dorm, And Jesse, don't look so bothered to be helping out a friend. Stop pouting."

~~

"Maybe we shouldn't have done this. What if it only angers him more that we lied? What if he sees me and bolts? What if he hates me, and I lose him forever?" Emily nervously paced across the quad as she rambled on, making herself worry even more. "He doesn't, Em." Beca tried to assure her, but she wasn't consoled. "How do you know that?"

"Because I've never seen someone light up so bright when they look at someone as he does looking at you. Emily, he won't let you go."

"But, I cheated on him." Grabbing the younger giant, stopping her restless pacing in its tracks, Beca looked her in the eye. "Emily, he loves you, and you love him. I'm sure if you explain this whole situation, he'll eventually be able to move passed this. But I know that of you do not stop with pacing and whiny ass routine, you won't live long enough to find out." Frightened by the threat, though still not convinced, Emily calmed her nerves. She took a long, deep breath, "Okay. I'm calm."

"Good, because here he comes." Emily turned around to look in the direction of Beca's gaze. A small smile tugged on her lips as she watched her boyfriend slowly approach them, his eyes lifting up to meet hers. The smile faded when he stopped and turned, ready to dart, only for a loud voice to stop him before he can take a step,  "Benjamin Alexander Applebaum!"

He turned back around cautiously, not looking the tiny ball of fury in the eye. "You get your ass back here and fix things. Now!" Beca yelled across the quad, "But, Beca..."  the distant voice was cut off by the forceful one again. "The only 'but' I want is yours down here, talking to Emily by time I count to five!" 

"Real nice, Beca. I'm not five, that's not gonna-"

"Five!" She began to count. He stood still, testing her. "Four....three...two...don't make me say one, or so help me God!" He hesitated before making his way over to them, staying a good few feet away from Emily. "Good boy, now talk. You're not leaving until something is figured out." With that, Beca took the couple of steps away, joining her Treble. Her eyes stayed locked on the troubled couple as she managed to carry on a conversation with Jesse.