Chapter Twenty-Six

Ignore any mistakes. I did not feel like proofreading, lol.

"Tryin' to keep control, pressure's takin' its toll. Stuck in the middle zone, I just want you alone. My guessing game is strong, way too real to be wrong. Caught up in your show yeah, at least now I know. It wasn't love, it wasn't love. It was a perfect illusion. Mistaken for love, it wasn't love, it was a perfect illusion. You were a perfect illusion ."

Chloe, after finally leaving the toxic relationship she had with Beca, found a new record label and began to make more music. Beca dropped Chloe's contract with her company, forgoing the option to black ball the girl. She has already made her life crazy and difficult, she couldn't take away her right to further pursue her artistic dream, so she cut the contract and left Chloe with a great letter of recommendation. Chloe is now taking out her frustrations the only way she knows how. Song.

"I don't need eyes to see, I felt you touchin' me. High like amphetamine, maybe you're just a dream. That's what it means to crush, now that I'm wakin' up. I still feel the blow, but at least now I know. It wasn't love, it wasn't love. It was a perfect illusion. Mistaken for love, it wasn't love, it was a perfect illusion.  It was a perfect illusion. It was a perfect illusion. Illusion. Mistaken for love. Mistaken for love. Mistaken for love. I'm over the show, yeah at least now I know. It wasn't love, it wasn't love, it was a perfect illusion. Mistaken for love, it wasn't love, it was a perfect illusion. Ohhhh. You were a perfect illusion. Ohhhh. It was a perfect illusion. It was a perfect illusion. Somewhere in all the confusion. It was a perfect illusion, It was a perfect illusion. Somewhere in all the confusion. You were so perfect, you were a, you were a perfect illusion."

Though she was standing in the confinement of a tiny studio, Chloe easily worked up a sweat as she allowed the music to cure the problems and numb the heartbreak. Yet again, she's working herself to the bone in attempts to dislodge the sexy brunette from her memories. 

Once the music ended and she was given the okay, Chloe stepped out of the studio and into the booth. She took a seat next to her sound man who turned to her, giving her a smirk. "Well done." he spoke, resting his hand on the ginger's thigh with a slight squeeze. Chloe's eyes jerked down to look at the hand, immediately remembering and it to be Beca's. She shook her head, clearing the image, and looked back up at the man, taking his finger in her hand and removing it from her thigh with a disgusted expression. 

"I told you not to touch me like that."

"Come on, nobody has to know."

"I will."

"So what? It's just sex." He returned his hand to her thigh, tugging her closer. "When is the last time you had some really good sex?" he leaned in and kissed the ginger's earlobe, looping an arm around her, making it impossible for her to reject the contact. 

"A couple weeks ago, actually. Yeah, my ex girlfriend is hell of a beast in bed. She can even maneuver a dick pretty well." 

He pulled away, giving Chloe an odd expression, "So you're lesbian?" he questions then shrugs, "Let me show you what it's like to have nice, big, real dick." he thrust his pelvis into Chloe's thigh, earning a revolted shove to the chest.

"God, you're a pig. I'm not going to fuck you."

"If you want to keep this job you will." her head snapped toward the man, glaring coldly at him. 

"Listen here, you prick. I have had my share of fucking the boss and it landed me in an awkward position. I am not about to do it again, so just get the fuck over it and keep your tiny fucking dick in your pants. And, if you decide to drop me, go ahead. I'll just go to the big boss and file sexual harassment charges against your ass. I don;t think you want that, so just back the fuck off."