The Audition

Hello to all my fellow readers/writers. I am proud to announce my new Phantom of the Opera story. I have been planning to do this story for quite some time. I hope you like it and now I'm pleased to present, Red Rose Thorn.

"Think of me, think of me fondly, when we've said goodbye. Remember me; once in a while please promise me you'll try. When you find that, once again, you long to take your heart back and be free - if you ever find a moment, spare a thought for me."

I opened my eyes as I finished my audition piece for the community theater. I was really nervous about this audition more than anything else. You see, this year the community theater is producing my all time favorite Broadway musical... PHANTOM OF THE OPERA! I have read the novel, seen the play over a million times, and the movie is one of my favorites. I guess you can call me a phangirl. I'm hoping for the part of Christine. A lot of people, including the actors auditioning, said I'm perfect for the role.

I was standing in front of the director, dance choreographer, and assistant director. The dance choreographer and assistant director smiled at me, while the director looked up from his notepad and said, "Thank you Miss Moliter, we will post the cast list later."

As I exited the room, I was immediately slammed by a body and it was squeezing me to death. It was my best friend Amber. Amber has long blond hair and brown eyes.

"Brie that was amazing!"

I looked at Amber and asked, "Were you listening at the door?"

Amber immediately let go of me and murmured, "Maybe."

I laughed after what she said. Amber always makes me laugh and is an amazing friend. About 30 minutes later, we were still waiting for the cast list to be posted. Amber was getting really frustrated from the wait. She's wasn't the most patient person you might know.

Finally the assistant director came out of the room and posted the cast list on the bulletin board. Immediately, everyone ran to the board to see what part they got. Amber grabbed my hand as we pushed the crowd away to see what part we got. After Amber looked at the list for a few seconds, she screamed with excitement.

"OH MY GOSH, I GOT THE PART OF MEG!"

She was so thrilled that she literally jumped into my arms. She really wanted the part of Meg as much as I want the part of Christine. Amber's eyes widen as she saw the cast staring at her and some were giggling at how hilarious she was. Amber released me and took a deep breath.

"What part did you get Brie," she asked.

I slowly walked up to the list and searched for my name. After a few seconds of searching, I found it.

BRIEANNA MOLITER- CHORUS/ CHRISTINE UNDERSTUDY

My heart sank lower than ever. I didn't get the part of Christine. Sure, I'm her understudy, but it's not the same.

"I didn't get it Amber," I sadly whispered.

Amber was shocked when she heard me. "What? You should have Christine's role... wait, who's playing Christine?" We looked back at the list and both of our eyes widen. "MEGAN REYNOLD! That's not fair; I don't want to pretend she's my bff. She was horrible at singing 'Think of Me.'"

"Its fine Amber," I said.

"No it's not fine. She always gets the leading role. She was Lorie in 'OKLAHOMA,' she was Nancy in 'OLIVER,' and she was Belle in 'BEAUTY AND THE BEAST.' Everyone knows she gets the roles because her dad pays a lot of money for the community theater."

"Again, its fine. I should be use to this. I'm always in the chorus or the understudy."

Amber sighed as she gave me a side hug. The director came out of the room and Amber looked like she wanted to punch his face really bad. She and I were both still upset that I didn't get the part and Amber has to be "friends" with Megan. The director told the cast that practice starts tomorrow at 2 o'clock sharp. I looked at the front of the group and saw Megan smirking at me before looking back at the director. Most of the cast looked at me with sympathy since they knew that this was going to be another Megan show. Amber and I were about to walk out of the front door when I remembered something.

Oh shoot, I forgot I left my purse in the dressing room, I thought.

I told Amber that I would meet her at the car. I ran back into the theater. I walked into the dressing room and found my purse next to a standing mirror. As I pick up my purse, I looked at myself in the mirror. All I wanted was the part of Christine. I sadly shook my head and I turned away from the mirror.

I was about to leave when the lights in the dressing room suddenly flicked off, leaving me in the dark. I stopped walking as I looked around the dressing room.

"Ok, this a bit creepy," I said to myself.

Maybe the power went out. I walked faster to door and pull the handle to open it, but to my dismay the door was locked. Shocked and fearful, I tried to pull the handle harder thinking it was stuck. A thought came to me head and I started laughing.

"Very funny Amber, the joke's over. Open up."

I waited to hear a laugh behind the door or hear her saying 'I can't hear you,' but I heard nothing. My smile dropped when I realized she didn't lock the door. I pulled the handle harder and started to bang on the door for someone to hear me.

"Hello, this isn't funny. Please open the door... I mean it, OPEN THIS DANG DOOR!"

I suddenly felt a cool breeze sweep over me. My whole body unexpectedly froze. Why did I get a bad feeling someone was watching me? I looked behind me to make sure no one was there. Nope, no one here except me and a tall standing mirror. I looked back at the standing mirror and my eyes expanded when I swore I heard something. I placed my purse down by the door. I slowly walked closer to the mirror, but stopped when I heard something very clearly.

"I am your angel of music. Come to me angel of music."

I looked around the room to make sure this wasn't someone's, aka Megan Reynold, sick joke on me. I slowly turned back to the mirror and paced to it leisurely. As I got closer to the mirror, I heard the song again, but much louder.

"I am your angel of music. Come to me angel of music..."

I placed my hand on the glass of the mirror, but to my surprise I went through the mirror. I screamed as I tumbled down as my whole world turned into darkness.

And there you have it. The first chapter of Red Rose Thorn. Was it good? Do you have any ideas u think you want in the story? Please review! Until then.

Grapejuice101