How Could You?

Hey guys, I would have posted this chapter soon, but I was not feeling so good this morning. Anyways, here is the next chapter to Red Rose Thorn! So please remember to vote, review and look up my Polyvore to see what clothes Brie is wearing. As for now, please enjoy this chapter.

Also, I don't own anything except my OC Brie.

Four days! Four long and boring days since Christine and I arrived at Raoul's mansion. I'm not complaining about the mansion at all. My mouth dropped wide open when I saw the mansion as the carriage pulled up. It was twice, no five times bigger than my house. The two places that I enjoy the most are the rose garden and the library. When it's not raining and it's nice out, I always take one of the books from the library and read it in the rose garden.

Another thing that I enjoy doing was horseback riding. Ever since I rode Caesar, my confidence in riding grew. The horse that I rode was a beautiful brown horse named Scarlet. She was so gentle and friendly. Raoul, Christine and I always ride together to go on a picnic or just ride for fun. The one place I love to ride to was to a little creek that was near and under a cherry blossom tree. While Scarlet was drinking at the creek, I'll just sat under the cherry blossom tree and enjoyed the nice view. Just listening to the flow of the water while little pink flowers fall out of the tree and land onto the ground was very soothing.

Even though I sometimes like staying at Raoul's place, I wish I was back in the 21st century. I mean, there's no electricity, no TV, no air condition, no cell phones, and no indoor plumbing... and let me tell you, that's the one thing I miss the most!

To make things worse... Phillipe. The first time I met Raoul's brother Phillipe was yesterday. Well, it was my first time meeting him, but "Christine's sister Brieanna" as known him since they were kids. I was sitting in the rose garden when I heard the sound of horse's hoofs galloping behind me. Since I was not expecting anyone, I jumped when I heard his horse galloping up. I looked up from my book to see Raoul greeting a young man. He looked like he was in his late twenties, early thirties, dark brown hair and a mustache. He looked older than Raoul, but he had a similar look as his. It was interesting, because he was not in the musical or the movie, but he was in the Phantom of the Opera book. I sighed before I turned to look back at my book. I mean don't get me wrong, he's cute, but he's not really my type.

"Brieanna!"

I looked up from my book to see it was Raoul who called me as he and Phillipe walked up to me. I slowly placed my book down and stood up.

"Brieanna, this is my brother Phillipe. I don't know if you remember him when we were kids," said Raoul.

I took a deep breathe, smiled and said, "I believe so, it's a pleasure to see you again Phillipe."

My eyes slightly widen when Phillipe softly grabbed my hand, raised it to his mouth and kissed it. "The pleasure is all mine Mademoiselle."

Ok, I had to admit, Phillipe was a charmer. Maybe I was jumping to conclusions. He does not seem like a jerk from all the stories I have read. I smiled slightly at him as he lowered my hand from his lips.

"Excuse me, Brie do you know where Christine is," asked Raoul.

"I think she's in the music room."

Raoul nodded his head before excusing himself to find Christine and left Phillipe and I alone. Phillipe and I decided to take a walk around the garden. It was a little awkward at first, but it was surprisingly nice.

"I do hope my brother was a very suitable host," said Phillipe.

"Oh, don't worry about that. Raoul was great taking care of Christine and me," I said with a small smile.