Masquerade And Why So Silent

Hey guys, this chapter is one of my favorites! The song "Masquerade" in the movie was truly magical! I do hope you enjoy this chapter as much as I have!

So please remember to vote, review and look up my Polyvore to see what clothes Brie is wearing. As for now, please enjoy this chapter.

Also, I don't own anything except my OC Brie.

The day of the masquerade ball is finally here. I was so excited to go back to the Opera House. I've never been to a masquerade party or ball before. As the carriage pulled up to the Opera House, I started to fidget with my necklace that had a ring attached to it. No, it is not an engagement ring, but it was Christine's and my Mother's ring.

It was Christmas day when I received the ring as a present. Madame Giry kept the ring safe ever since she brought Christine and I to the Opera House after our Dad died, according to Christine. I was so surprise that Christine was giving me her mother's ring. I was protesting saying that Christine should keep it, because she was the eldest. Christine wouldn't hear of it and insisted that I should keep it. I placed the necklace through the ring and put it around my neck. I promised Christine that I would never lose it.

Another surprise is that Raoul finally proposed to Christine. I was really happy for them. However, Christine still wanted it to be a secret engagement. She told me that she does not want everyone to fuss over the wedding and she was worried about our Angel of Music. She was worried he might be mad if he found out she is dating Raoul, let alone engaged to him. Of course, she didn't tell Raoul one of the reasons was because of Erik.

Anyways, as I was saying before, tonight is the night of the New Year's Masquerade Ball! Besides, the ring necklace totally matched my outfit for the ball tonight. I am wearing a dark blue dress with small silver stars crystals attached, silver high heel shoes, a black mask, and my hair is up in a bun, but with some wavy curls hanging down.

As Raoul helped Christine and I out of the carriage, I looked to see Andre, Firmin, and their "dates" taking a picture in front of the Opera House. I smiled as Christine, Raoul, and I entered the Opera House. My mouth dropped wide open when I saw the inside of the Opera House. The lobby was so beautiful and the guests were dress in beautiful attires and colorful masks. My smile widen when I heard a familiar song as everyone began to sing while dancing.

"Masquerade! Paper faces on parade! Masquerade! Hide your face so the world will never find you. Masquerade! Every face a different shade, masquerade! Look around there's another mask behind you. Flash of mauve, splash of puce, fool and king, ghoul and goose, green and black, queen and priest, trace of rouge, face of beast, faces! Take your turn, take a ride."

One of the female dancers sang, "On the merry go round."

"In an inhuman race," sang a male partier.

"Eye of gold thigh of blue true is false. Who is who? Curl of lip, swirl of gown, ace of hearts, face of clown. Faces! Drink it in; drink it up, till you've drowned, in the light, in the sound."

There was one man who was dressed in gold with a woman who was dressed in black and white. They looked at each other as they sang, "But who can name the face?"

"Masquerade! Grinning yellow, spinning reds, masquerade, take your fill let the spectacle astound you. Masquerade! Burning glances, turning heads, masquerade, stop and stare at the sea of smiles around you!"

The dancers tiptoed as they softly sang, "Masquerade. Seething shadows, breathing lies, masquerade, you can fool any friend who ever knew you."