Crap

Steve's POV

"You're up early." A voice behind me could be heard. A familiar one that is.
"Could say the same to you." I said and Natasha smirked. "But then I figured.." I began and she listened curiously. "I've actually never seen you sleep. And at night, I always find you enjoying the moon or such." I said thinking back at the memory of her standing outside Barton's house under the stars.
She looked at me with big serious eyes.
I knew I was on to her.
"My guess is that you don't sleep so well at night." I finished.
"What do you want Rogers?" She asked and I sat down at the sofa with my hands crossed over my chest.
"I didn't say I wanted anything." I said and picked up the newspaper.
"But you do." She said and I smiled.
"I have business to attend. Talk fast or not at all." She said as she began walking out of the room.
"You may be more worthy than you think. I believe you've wiped of some of that red." I said and I saw her stop.
"There's too much red." She said and walked away. I shock my head sadly and started to read the newspaper. The rebuilding of SHIELD headquarters had already begun. When I saw all the negativity in the paper, I put it down on the table again and took a deep breath. It was nothing I wanted to waste my time with. Too much red.

A loud knock could be heard at my door. I rubbed my eyes as I looked at the watch. 3am. If it's Tony playing a prank, I'll murder him.
I opened the door and was greeted by a short, red haired, green eyes woman. She held a bottle in her hand and her eyes looked tired. She swallowed hard and looked at me.
"You're right Rogers. I don't sleep that very well." She said with a mumbling voice. She was clearly drunk.
I let her inside and sat her down on the couch. I tried to take the bottle out of Natasha's hand but she held it tightly. But she eventually let it go and I poured her a glass of water. I sat down next to her at the couch and handed her the glass.
"Drink." I said and she looked at me with a smirk.
"Make me." She said in a seductive way and I shock my head.
"Stop it, drink." I said and she took the glass out of my hand and drank a little. She then put it one the table and were close to crashing it but luckily, she found a way.
"What happened?" I asked and she looked at me. She put a hand on my chest and smirked.
"You did." She said and I realised I was only wearing pants. I went into my room and put on a shirt and sat down at the sofa again.
"So much for those muscles." She said as I sat down.
"Why did you drink?" I asked and she chuckled.
"Why not? I won't remember anything tomorrow. Works great." She said.
"I think you need to get some sleep." I said and she shock her head.
"No I need you." She said as she suddenly kissed me. I felt the urge to embrace her but I knew that it was wrong so I interrupted the kiss.
"Natasha, stop." I said seriously and she looked down at the sofa. Her hair fell into her face and she took a deep breath.
"I'm sorry. I don't sleep well." She said as she began to fumble with the water glass again. I handed it to her and she took another sip.
"I need more of that bottle you took from me." She mumbled.
"Why?" I asked and she smiled.
"Only thing that helps." She said and I furrowed my eyebrows as I took another breath.
"I like you." She said suddenly.
"Well, I like you too." I said and Natasha smiled bright.
"Lila told me." She said and I chuckled.
"You're best buds huh?" I said and Natasha laughed. But it soon turned a little more serious.
"She's the child I never got." Natasha said and I felt hurt. "Don't get me wrong, I want children. I just can't have them." She said with the same mumbling voice. "I mean, I'd never say no to a child with you." She said as she pointed her finger at my chest. I smiled and she chuckled. "But I wasn't meant to have children I guess. It is what it is." She said.
"I think you would have been a great mother." I said to her and she smiled.
"I can't kiss you but you can flirt?" She asked and I smiled.
"That wasn't flirting. It was honesty." I said and she repeated the word honesty for herself. Like she was tasting it.
"I can honestly say that I like you." She said and I nodded.
"Yeah I know, you told me." I said and she looked at me confused.
"When?" She asked.
"It doesn't matter." I said. "You should get some sleep."
She touched my arm and I felt a rush through my body.
"No, I don't sleep. I have nightmares. But you can sleep with me. It's fine I won't remember anything tomorrow." She said as she got closer to me and put her hands inside my shirt. "Please I want to." She said and it was hard to resist but I managed to push her away again.
I stood up and felt a little angry feeling rush over me.
"Natasha! Stop it! You make no sense! You're telling me that you don't want me and now, when your drunk, you do?" I asked almost angrily and she looked at me with big eyes.
"I always want you. But I'm afraid to say it when I'm sober." She said and I took a deep breath. "I'm not used to being loved. It scares me." She said and looked out the window. "All I want is you."
I sat down beside her at the couch again. I looked at her with half a smile and she stared back.
"Don't try anything." I said as I welcomed her into an embrace. She laid down on the couch beside me and put her head on my chest. I wrapped my arm around her waist, holding her tight as she put her around my stomach. She fell asleep almost as fast as she had laid her head on my chest and I looked down at her sleeping face for the first time. I smiled and kissed her head carefully. I breathed in her smell and carefully touched her chin.
"All I want is you." I whispered quietly with a smile on my face as I slowly fell asleep by the sound of her even breaths.

Natasha's POV

"Oh god." I mumbled as a pain struck my head like the lightening. I had a hard time opening my eyes and it wasn't something very tempting.
I moaned as the pain pressed every spot in my brain and I shuttered my eyes open. The first thing I saw was a table. And a half full glass of water. I slowly sat up and put my elbows on my thighs and my head in my hands.
"Where the hell am I?" I mumbled to myself and I was surprised by the voice that was heard behind me.
"Here." Steve said and I shock my head.
"Fuck."
"Language."
"Not that crap now." I said and he laughed a little.
I looked up at him and he held a new glass of water in his hands.
"What did I do?" I asked as he handed me the glass.
"Well, you were very drunk. And fell asleep on the couch." He said and I shock my head.
"No I, did I try.. I'm sorry." I said.
"No don't worry." He said and a blurry memory of me kissing him popped up in my head.
"Did I do anything else but kiss you?" I asked and he shock his head.
"Nope." He said and I laughed tiredly.
"God why do you have to be such a terrible liar?" I asked and tried to stand up. My head felt dizzy and it felt like I was going to fall. Suddenly Steve's hands were on my arms and he sat me down on the couch again.
"Drink." He said and I took a few sips.
I took a few deep breaths before I looked at him.
"You should know that these are one of my good days." I said and he chuckled.
"I take that as a compliment." He said and I rolled my eyes.
"Did you have any dreams?" He asked and I shock my head surprised.
"I told you about that to didn't I?" I said and he looked at me seriously.
"Yes, but I kind of figured that one out on my own." He said and sat down beside me.
"Of course you did." I said with a smile.
"And Natasha?" He said.
"What?"
"I like you too." He said and my head fell into my hands again. Crap.

"So tell me when, you're gonna let me in. I'm getting tired and I need somewhere to begin."
~ Somewhere only we know

Authors note//
Hey guys, thanks for reading. And I wanted to say thank you for all the comments! I love to get them. I can see how many there is that actually reads my text but I love to hear what you think and see who you all are. I really hope you enjoy this story and I try to make it as good as possible. Thank you all for voting!💗
Love to you all