Concussion

Steve's POV

I slowly paced through the corridors and to the elevator. I was quiet not to be heard but I honestly didn't bother that much. Barley anyone was awake anyway. Well except for me, and maybe Natasha. She's not the only one with bad dreams. Now that I think about it, I'm surprised that everyone in this building is asleep.
I stopped outside Natasha's door and hesitated before I knocked. Maybe she's sleeping after all and I wake her up. It's 4am. My thoughts couldn't stop my action and two quiet knocks landed on the door. It opened and Natasha stood behind it. To my surprise, she wore a pyjamas and fuzzy socks. Something I actually didn't expect to see her wear. She looked adorable.
"Steve?" She said surprised and I nodded.
"Couldn't sleep. Figured you'd might be awake." I said and she looked at me curiously before she looked around outside of the door. She grabbed my shirt and dragged me inside. As fast as the door was closed, she gave me a quick kiss on the lips. She smirked as she went to the couch where she apparently had been seated before I knocked.
"Bad dream you too huh?" She said and I smiled.
"How'd you know?" I asked a little surprised by the kiss and she smiled.
"There are not many reasons why someone's awake after 4pm." She said with a smirk. I looked around her apartment and she observed me.
"I've never been in here have I?" I asked and she shock her head.
"The only one that had stepped a foot in here, well except for myself, was Clint." She said and I laughed.
"Surprising." I said and she smiled.
"It's cozy, and you look adorable in that pyjamas of yours." I said with a smile as I sat down on the sofa next to her.
"Don't pretend like you don't own one yourself Mr. Cloudypants. I didn't really expect company." She said with a big smirk and I though back at my blue pyjamas pants with white clouds on them laying on my bed.
"So why are you up?" I asked and her big smirk became a little smaller.
"Question is, when are you going to sleep." She said.
"You haven't even gone to bed?" I asked and she shock her head. "Why?" I asked and she raised her shoulders.
"There's five reasons why someone can't sleep. It's either because they have bad dreams, are lonely, sad, in love or drunk." She said and I looked at her confused.
"And which one of them describes your situation?" I asked and she raised her head a little and thought for a few seconds.
"All of them." She said and I breathed out heavily.
"It's not a good mix." I said and she chuckled.
"Believe me, I've noticed." She said as she looked out of the window and up at the stars.
"I can't do anything about the bad dreams part, but I can make sure you're not alone." I said and she looked at me with a small smile.
"I'd be happy to offer the same to you. Honestly, it seems like you need it more." She said and I felt hit in the heart. Unusual. No ones ever thought about me having it more difficult then I show. Not even myself. She looked at my surprised face and smiled a little.
"I know a broken person when I see one." She said.
"Broken?" I asked and she nodded.
"But it's okey. Most of us are." She said and I nodded this time. It made since.
We were quiet for a while. Natasha looked out on the beautiful stars.
I looked at her.
"Stop staring. Didn't your mother ever teach you that it's impolite?" She asked and I chuckled.
"No."
"Mine either." She said with a small smile.
"It's just hard not to stare when you're so beautiful." I said and she looked at me.
"What do you mean beautiful?" She asked and I smiled.
"You know, the way your hair falls in your face and you carefully wipe it away. And how your eyes become bigger when you see something you love. And the way your feelings shine through that expressionless mask you sometimes have on. And the way you raise your left eyebrow as you hear or say something funny. And the way the moonlight usually hits your face making you look like one of the stars up there but even more beautiful because you're different. Special. And also the way.."
"Stop." She said and I looked at her.
"And how you love everything so hard and so much but do everything to hide it from others, and the way.." She stopped me again.
"Steve. Stop it."
"But I.."
"Just stop." She said as she moved closer to me and carefully put her lips onto mine. She stopped kissing me and my lips were left alone but our faces were still close. She looked me into the eyes and put her hand on my cheek.
"You have to stop. You're making me go soft." She said and I chuckled a bit.
"You're a softie already." I said and she shock her head.
"Say that again and I'll rip your heart out." She said and I smiled to her serious face.
"You already have." I said and her serious face broke out in a smile she deeply tried to hide.
"I don't like you anymore." She said and I nodded.
"It's okey. I don't like you either." I said with a smile. She kissed me again and I felt her hand around my neck.
I don't like her either.
I love her.