Puddle of vodka

Steve's POV

"Natasha what the hell are you doing?!" I shouted angrily and ran to her. She tried to make a run but I got to her just in time and grabbed her arm. She looked at me with pleading eyes as I tried to take the bottle of vodka out of her hand. She had a tight grip around it and tried to shake out of my grip around her arm.
"Let me go! You don't get it, I need this!" She shouted with a sob in her throat. "I can't do it!" She said and her eyes became watery and her body a little weak. I saw this as an opportunity and took the luckily full vodka bottle out of her hands. I threw it to the ground and the liquid filled the pavement in a puddle. Glass shattered everywhere. Natasha was furious and I wrapped my arms around her as tight as I could. She tried to make it out and struggled for a while before she relaxed and cried into my shoulder. I've seen her drunk. That's the crazy part. Now, she wasn't drunk, but this is probably the worst I have seen her. It looked like every last bit of hope had disappeared from her body. It was as if she had lost it all. I wrapped her a little tighter and tried to calm her down a little smoothly.
"I thought I could do this but I can't. I'm not fit for a mother." She said with a mix of an angry and a sad tone. "I can't have this baby." She said and I felt like I had to do something. I let go of her and she looked up at me. Her eyes were red along with her nose and cheeks. My t-shirt was wet from her tears and as I looked at her, I realised that all her pride had disappeared.
"Well you know what? It's not up to you anymore." I said with a harsh tone which made her listen carefully. "This isn't about us or you anymore. It's about him or her." I said pointing at her belly. "You made it out of the red room! They turned you into an assassin and what did you do? You changed and became a hero. Don't argue me on this one. You've done so much hard things, crazy things and now suddenly, you can't take care of your own child? Bullshit." I said and she stood quiet for a while, looking at me. She processed everything and I watched her expression. "Both you and I know that you can do this." I said with a little softer voice and she looked at my eyes before she sat down on the steps. I sat down beside her and we sat in silence.
"I realised something." She said and I nodded as I turned to look at her. She didn't look at me. She looked straight forward. "I'm not worthy of Thor's hammer. I knew it didn't make since." She said and I furrowed my eyebrows confused by her words.
"What do you mean?" I asked.
"I'm not worthy, this one is." She said as she put a hand on her belly. "You can take the hammer which makes since, because well, you are you. But I could only take it because of your child. Of course it would be worthy." She said and shock her head with a small smile.
"So you're saying that you wouldn't be able to take the hammer if you weren't pregnant?" I asked and she nodded.
"Precisely."
"That makes no since." I said and she looked at me with a confused look.
"It makes perfect since." She said and I didn't want to argue. "How can I raise a child that's more worthy than myself? I won't have anything to offer." She said and I shock my head.
"You are seeing this the wrong way. And I still don't agree with you." I said and she nodded.
"Thank you." She said and I smiled. "I didn't drink." She said and I nodded.
"I know." I said.
"But I might would have." She said seriously.
"No you wouldn't."
"You seem to have too much hope in me Rogers."
"It's called trust." I said and she smiled a little.

Natasha's POV

"They'll figure it out eventually." I said and Steve laughed. He put down the cup of tea he had made himself and smiled as he had finished his laugh.
"What about Clint?" He asked.
"I don't know how to break it to him actually." I said and Steve sighed.
"At least he knows there's something between us." Steve said and I smirked.
"Really? And what's between us?" I asked with a flirtatious voice.
"I don't know. Something good." He said and I smiled.
"I really don't want to do this." I whined as I went to my wardrobe to look for something to wear. "Nothing even fits me." I said annoyed as I looked through all my dresses and other clothes.
"This one?" Steve asked as he handed me one and I smiled.
"I sure didn't believe in your style until now." I said as I took the blue dress and a pair of black heels. I started to change and noticed Steve's blushed face as he looked away.
"It's not like you haven't seen me without clothes before." I said with a smirk as I changed. I still had my underwear one but he were to polite to look anyway. The dress hid the bump a little and it didn't show as much. I sighed and straighten out my dress a bit.
"You look lovely." Steve said tripping over the words in a cute way. I smiled a little.
"Thanks. But I still don't wanna..."
"They have to find out someday anyway." He said and I shock my head.
"Let's just not tell them about the baby." I said and Steve nodded.
"Fine. But we have to tell them about us." He said and I smirked. I got an idea and put on an old slow song. Steve looked at me curious.
"What are you doing?" He asked and I smiled.
"I didn't get to finish that dance." I said as I went closer to him and took his hand. He stumbled a little nervously but remembered what I had thought him the last time. I sighed and put my head to his chest as we slowly danced around my apartment. He held his hand around on my back and held my hand softly in his.
"Next time, it might not be Lila who interrupt us but someone else." Steve said referring to the baby in my belly. I smiled a little into his shoulder but the to be common fear bubbled in my body. I turned up to look at him as I put my hand on his cheek. I searched my way into his deep blue eyes before I closed mine and our lips met. It was strange. To just kiss him whenever I felt like it. Like a normal couple. But the kiss didn't feel normal. They never did. They felt so much better. I laid back my head on his chest and smiled.
"I don't know what I did to deserve you." I mumbled as we kept dancing around for a while.

Steve's POV

Everyone sat assembled in the couches, drinking something. Either beer or a few other drinks from the bar. Tony, Thor, Clint and Bruce were having a wild discussion as me and Natasha walked into the room. Clint smirked as he saw us and Natasha rolled her eyes. We sat down in an empty couch and tried to get into the conversation.
"I'm still think it's a trick." Tony said and Thor laughed. "Anyone who knew how could pick up that hammer." Tony said and I felt Natasha tense beside me.
"You're a fool for believing that." Thor said with a chuckle and Clint nodded in agreement.
"I have to agree with Thor as well." I said with a nod.
"Thank you Captain." Thor said and Natasha smiled a little.
"I don't know. I kind of agree with ironass on this one." Natasha said.
"Oh, I'm so thrilled having you on my side." Tony said with a sarcastic voice. She smiled.
"Happy to help." Natasha said ironically as I laughed.
"Someone who want another beer?" I asked and Clint and Tony raised their hands with a 'yes'. I kissed Natasha and stood up. I stood still when I realised what had just happened. I looked down at Natasha who didn't seem to get it until she noticed everyone's stares. She couldn't help but smirk a little as I blushed.
"Wait.." Bruce said confused.
"Why did you kiss her?" Thor asked surprised. Clint just sat there with an enormous smirk enjoying our faces.
Tony sat still. His mouth was wide open and his eyes went to me and then to Natasha. He repeated this for a while.
"We.." I began but didn't know what to say. Natasha sat quiet as well.
"Are you two together or something?" Bruce asked and Clint's smirk grew.
"You could call it that." He said and Natasha rolled her eyes.
"We were going to tell you." I said and Natasha nodded. I looked over at Tony. Sweat started to show on his forehead and it looked like he was about to faint.
"I just.." Tony said. "I need to sit down." He said and Bruce looked at him worryingly.
"You're already sitting down Tony." He said and Tony looked at him confused.
"They're, they kissed." Tony said, stuttering out the words as he pointed at me and Natasha. I sat down beside her again and smiled.
"You okey Tony?" I asked and Natasha chuckled happily at Tony's reaction.
"Captain America. And. The black widow." Tony said. "Americas saviour and Americas biggest assassin."
"Oh shut up." Natasha said but her happy expression didn't end. She enjoyed every second of Tony's reaction.
"I just, is this a joke? It's impossible." Tony said and I laughed a little. "I just can't believe it."
"Yeah, just imagine all the stuff we did." Natasha said and I took her hand.
"Stop it." I said but I couldn't stop myself from laughing.
I could have sworn Tony's face became a little more pale than usual.
"For how long has this been going on?" Bruce asked and Natasha looked at him.
"For a pretty good while." She said and Bruce nodded with a slight sadness in his expression. I knew something had happened between the two of them. But I didn't know what.
"You know what, while we're still doing this, let's rip of the bandage." Natasha said and stood up. "I'm pregnant." She said and Clint spit out the sip of beer he just took and couched loudly until his face turned red. I was surprised by her sudden decision but went along with it.
"You're what?" Clint said between the coughs.
"I'm knocked up. Bun in the oven. Does it ring a bell?" Natasha said and Clint's eyes widened.
"Really?" He mouthed and Natasha nodded. Clint looked confused.
"Congratulations, who's the father?" Thor asked with a smile, not as surprised by the knew as the others.
I waved a little and Tony's mouth became as open as it could be.
"To be able to get pregnant.." Tony mumbled to himself as he held his hand on his forehead. It looked like he was going to puke.
I looked at Natasha who looked back at me. Blue met green. Green met blue. Soon it might be an extra green too.