The secret

Natasha's POV

Steve was still asleep beside me and I couldn't wait for him to wake up. I moved over a little closer to him and started to kiss his arm and up to his neck.
"Steve! Wake up." I said and he made some noise but didn't open his eyes. I started kissing his cheek and down to his lips. "Come one, we got a few minutes." I said and his eyes slowly flickered open.
"What?" He said with his sexy morning voice and I smirked.
"Kiss me." I said and he turned around and kissed my lips. He put his hand in my hair and I pressed myself closer to him, enjoying every minute of it. A loud noise suddenly came from the outside of our bedroom door and Steve sighed as he kissed me again.
"Incoming." He mumbled and the door burst open.
"Mommy, daddy! Look I'm an plane!" Daniel said as he came running into our room and jumped up on the bed. I dragged him into and embrace and he tried to get out of it. I kissed his cheeks and Steve tickled him a bit.
"A plane huh?" Steve said. "I think you should be a soldier." He said and I chuckled a bit. Daniel thought for a while. His blonde hair was bright in the morning sun that got its way in through our window and his green eyes stacked his father intensely.
"No." He suddenly said. "I want to be a hero. Like mommy." He said and Steve smiled.
"Daddy's a hero to you know." I said and Daniel nodded with a big smile. "But I am of course a better one." I whispered to Steve who gave me a small kiss.
I looked over to the door and saw a tired red headed Noah holding his teddybear in his right hand. My heart got warmer and his cuteness reminded me of Steve's morning sleepiness. Steve smiled at the sight and went out of bed and picked him up in his arms. Noah wrapped his arms around Steve's neck and almost fell asleep again. I smiled.
I watched Noah's green eyes slowly disappear behind his eyelids as a light scream could be heard.
"And we're all awake." Steve said and I smiled.
"I'll take her and you guys can go down and get some breakfast." I said as I rubbed Daniels hair a bit and he spurted out of the bedroom, pretending to be a plane again. Steve carried Noah downstairs and I went into the next room. I looked down over the white little crib we had gotten from Clint and Laura and I smiled at her face.
Her blue eyes were wide open and she cried loudly. I picked her up and stroke away the little there was of her blonde hair from her face.
"Mary, don't cry honey." I said with a calm voice. "You don't have to be so grumpy all the time." I said and chuckled a bit afterwards. "Well, I guess you got that from me." I held her close to my body and tried to calm her down. "We got to stick together. We're outnumbered we girls, even if we would add Clint and the others. But we don't want to add them do we?" I said down to her now smiling face. "We don't want to risk you and Nathaniel to get together. He's way too old for you." I said as I stroke her cheek with my fingers.
"And I'm not too old for you?"
I looked back and noticed Steve in the door.
"We can't use you as an example. You're to old to even compare." I said with a smirk. "Now, tell her that Nathaniel isn't a catch." I said and Steve went forward. He bent down and started whisper in her ear.
"Nathaniel is of limits. Unless he becomes like Laura." He whispered and I laughed a bit.
"Good point." I said and Steve smiled.
"Breakfast's ready." He said as he kissed my cheek.

Steve's POV

I watched Natasha take a bit of her sandwich with Mary in her arms. I stared for a while until she noticed and then I looked down at my cup of coffee.
"What?" She asked and I smiled.
"Remember when you asked if we'd ever be happy?" I asked and she nodded.
"Well, I don't think I can be more happy right now." I said and she smiled but then shock her head a bit.
"I could be more happy with some more coffee." She said and I smiled. I went up and poured some coffee into her cup. She smiled and gave me a kiss. Daniel saw it and held his hands over his eyes but Noah was too busy with putting pancakes in his mouth to even notice. Natasha chuckled at Daniel and I looked at them all.

I didn't need much to be happy.
I used too think I needed to have control over everything and then, eventually, things would work out. But the truth is; they'll never work out completely. There will always be troubles. The secret is to learn how to be happy in hard moments. And I have four people who teach me that everyday.

I looked over at Natasha again. Her eyes met mine just like they did all those years ago when we first met.
"I love you." She mouthed.
"I love you too." I mouthed back and she smiled.

A/N

This was the last part!
I don't know how it turned out but I think it was okey. I'm thinking about maybe doing a part 2 of this story but that would be about their lives with their kids. I'm not sure how to do about it so I'll leave that to you all. If you want me to write something like that, please comment.
I'd like to thank you all for reading and I really hope you liked this story!
Take care of yourselves!💗