Chapter Four: Bad Case of Attitude

An hour after Jasper woke up, Jamie was sitting by the fire with Octavia. The two spoke quietly to one another not paying attention to anyone around them. Usually their conversations were a bit more uplifting however after losing Atom the younger Blake was struggling to stay optimistic. Jamie was doing her best to keep Octavia happy, attempting to console her of her recent loss when someone interrupted their conversation.

"Hello, ladies."

Both looked up as Murphy sat down right next to Jamie. He grinned at her and his eyes quickly raked up and down her body. "What brings you out here?"

"Our legs." Jamie replied sarcastically, turning her attention back to Octavia.

He let out a sharp laugh and moved closer to Jamie. "I never realized you were so funny."

She sighed before turning back to him. "What do you want Murphy?"

He shook his head like he was confused by what she meant. "What do you mean?"

"Well, it's not like we've ever been particularly close and you did just try to kill my best friend so...again, what do you want?" Her eyes narrowed at him and she didn't back down as his gaze darkened.

He wrapped his arm around her shoulder and smiled at her. "I am sorry about that but his moaning was killing us. I was just trying to do what was best for the morale of the group."

Octavia shifted away from Jamie, glancing around nervously. Her eyes landed on Bellamy as he spoke to a few others by his tent. He was already watching the interaction with curious eyes.

"Oh, well if killing him was in the best interest of the group." She rolled her eyes at him before pushing him off of the log. "Go away Murphy."

Octavia chuckled lightly from beside her, proud of the blonde, as Murphy climbed to his feet. "I thought you gave second chances Jaymes." He sneered as he emphasized her name with a slight glare.

"What, you think you can scare me?" She asked, rising to her feet to look him square in the eye. "I'll ask again. What do you want?" Her arms crossed over her chest and she arched a brow at him, moving to completely shield Octavia from the unpredictable boy.

Octavia stood up, fidgeting nervously behind her. She didn't like the way this conversation was going. She started bouncing on her heels and her eyes remained on Murphy as she worried about what he would do.

He snickered and his gaze flickered down to Jamie's lips before meeting her eyes once more. "You." He grabbed her chin and pulled her face to his, crashing his lips against hers.

Her eyes widened and she immediately pushed him away from her, slapping him in the process. "How dare you force yourself on me." Her voice was quiet and waivered dangerously as Octavia started pulling her away from him. Before Octavia could yell for Bellamy, Monty ran to the trio and forced himself in between Murphy and Jamie. "You need to leave, now." Monty pushed Murphy further away from Jamie to make his point.

Murphy grinned at Monty before his gaze floated over Monty's shoulder. His eyes stared daggers at the blonde but he smirked when he realized he got to her. "I'll see you again Jaymes."

Octavia's hands were each holding Jamie's arms, holding her back from doing anything else to the boy. "Are you alright?" She asked, releasing Jamie.

"Yeah, I'm fine." She mumbled to Octavia before turning to Monty.

Monty flipped around to her with a concerned gaze and an arch in his brow.

"Thank you." Jamie hugged Monty tightly. She released him and patted his arm before glancing at Octavia. "We're just going to go to bed now. I'll see you in the morning."