Chapter Twelve: To the Bunker with Bellamy

Jamie groaned when Bellamy immediately shook his head at her. "Why not?"

He sighed before turning his attention to her, the first time he tore his eyes away from the grounder since she went up to see him. "Really, Jamie? Is that a serious question? How did you even find out about it?"

"Not important and you haven't even heard what I was going to say, thank you very much!" She poured as much sarcasm into each word she spoke to make sure he got her point but instead all she received was an eye roll. Her eyes flickered to the grounder and she smiled apologetically at him, already having created a plan to get him free.

Her and Octavia had snuck in a dozen times in the past week to give the grounder some food and water and were able to clean his wounds up a bit as well. Since Bellamy noticed the cleaner wounds however, there had been someone watching the grounder around the clock, making it harder for them to come up.

She hobbled closer to him with a plea in her eyes. "Please, please take me with you!"

He turned to her, already exasperated as he pointedly glanced at the makeshift crutches she had shoved under her arms.

She arched a brow at him and leaned closer to him with narrowed eyes. "What?"

He let out a sharp laugh and shook his head. "No, we don't need you hobbling around after us and potentially getting hurt or captured again."

"But Bell, I'm going crazy here. Like legitimately crazy! And these," She gestured down to the crutches before continuing, "are just for fashion. I don't even need them!"

"Jamie, you can't go. End of discussion." He turned to walk to the hatch and she swatted him with one of the crutches. He turned back with a small grin before taking a step towards her. "You seriously just hit me with that?"

"See, look at that, I have two weapons under my arms to help on our journey." She waggled her eyebrows at him and earned a groan in return as he turned once again to drop to the first floor of the dropship. The second he was down the ladder she looked at the grounder. "We'll come back for you." She whispered before heading down the ladder after Bellamy. He watched in mild fascination as she hopped down the ladder by herself after tossing her crutches down. He smirked before looking at Octavia.

"You're still here?"

Octavia kept her eyes focused on the wall straight in front of her while she replied and Jamie plopped down to sit beside her. "I'm not moving until you let me up there to see him."

"Get comfortable." He replied, shifting his gaze to Jamie briefly. Jamie arched a brow at him and shook her head causing him to sigh in return before looking back at Octavia. "I let him live isn't that enough?"

Octavia looked up at him with narrowed eyes. "He saved our lives and yours!"

"I know you see it that way but..."

"That's the way it is!" Octavia yelled, cutting him off.

Bellamy worked his jaw in anger before he replied. "He's still dangerous!"

"Only because of what you did!" Octavia shouted back, getting angrier by the second.

"Whatever twisted connection you think you have with that animal forget it. You don't get to see him. End of discussion."

Jamie snorted as he repeated the words he just said to her and they both looked at her. She coughed and acted as though something just got in her throat and both Blakes rolled their eyes at her.

"Why do you even care if I ruined your life? You should want me to go up there." Octavia stared at Bellamy with a pointed gaze before narrowing her eyes once again. "Maybe you'll get lucky and he'll kill me, problem solved."