Chapter Sixteen: Destroyer of Worlds

A/N: Warning for strong language!

A few hours later Bellamy woke up, confused at first but then he realized where he was. He pulled away from the familiar body his arm was wrapped around and slowly sat up. He looked down at the sleeping girl and frowned when he noticed the dried blood on her face. Had he been the one to get her sick? He pushed the damp hair off of her forehead and his hand rested lightly on her head for a few moments as he stared down at her. For the first time in a while her face was relaxed, no nightmares plaguing her illness induced sleep. He pulled the blanket up a bit where it covered her completely and laid his hand on her shoulder as he watched her sleep.

Someone nearby clearing their throat pulled Bellamy from his trance and he turned to see Murphy standing there with a cup of water. "Here."

"Get the hell away from me." Bellamy replied, pushing the cup away from him.

"Bellamy, you're sick, okay? I'm just trying to help. Here." Murphy suppressed the groan he wanted to release and handed Bellamy the cup again.

Bellamy shifted away from the boy and closer to Jamie, moving to shield her body with his from Murphy's view. "When I get better, if you're still here..."

"Hey, I got this one." Clarke interrupted. Murphy nodded and backed away as Clarke sat down beside Bellamy. "Here."

He took the cup from her and after taking a drink turned to her with an arched brow. "You feeling better?"

"Yeah." Clarke's eyes briefly landed on Jamie and she smiled lightly when she noticed the blonde shift closer to Bellamy.

"That's good." Bellamy's eyes were on Jamie as he replied and he finally looked around the dropship before turning to Clarke. "Have you see Octavia?"

"She was up all night helping people. Murphy gave her a break."

Bellamy grimaced as he stared at the boy in question. "Don't tell me you trust him now."

"Trust? No. I do believe in second chances though. Something I learned from Jamie."

He nodded and shifted in his spot, glancing at her once more. "She get sick because of me?"

"No, I think she just pushed herself too hard. She has a habit of doing that." Clarke said, turning to Jamie. She pulled the blonde up and forced her mouth open, attempting to get her to drink, struggling with the task. Bellamy shifted and helped Clarke hold Jamie up. Jamie's head was dropped back against his shoulder as he held her and he couldn't help but smile as he watched Clarke force the water down her throat.

Once Clarke laid her back down she looked up to see Bellamy watching Jamie with a guarded expression. His expression softened as Jamie scooted even closer to him, as if she were drawn to him. He smiled at her before his gaze drifted around the dropship once more. Clarke grinned at the pair before tossing a damp wash cloth to Bellamy. He grabbed it and pulled Jamie up into his lap, gently scrubbing the blood from her face. A few moments of silence passed between them until Bellamy looked up at the dropship entrance.

"It's almost dawn. Better get everyone inside. If we lock the doors maybe the grounders will think we're not home."

Clarke arched a brow at him with a frown. "Not everyone is sick."

Bellamy shook his head and shrugged. "Sick is better than dead."

"You don't think Finn and Jasper are gonna pull it off?"

"Do you?" Bellamy's gaze was on the entrance of the dropship, eyes looking at the barely visible light coming in.

Clarke looked down at Jamie, feeling as if she had to put her trust in Jasper as Jamie would but the feeling of doubt overwhelmed her optimism. "I'll get everyone inside." She mumbled, climbing to her feet.