Chapter Six: Saving Charlotte

A/N: Hey guys, just wanted to give you all a heads up that I've manipulated the timeline a bit so the timing in my story is different from the show! Thanks for reading :)

Dread swept through Jamie as she watched Charlotte's eyes tear up. Charlotte focused on Jamie, a plea on her face as she studied the blonde.

"Oh my God." Clarke muttered, grabbing Bellamy's axe and cutting through the rope that held Murphy, all before anyone else even reacted. Finn glanced around at the others before rushing forward, still holding Jamie, and grabbing Charlotte with his free hand. Together, they led the small girl to the closest tent, Bellamy's. Jamie took in staggering breaths as time seemed to slow down. Her eyes studied Charlotte's terrified ones, wishing everything was different.

Finn released Charlotte before turning to Jamie. He placed a hand on her arm lightly and turned her towards him. "Jamie, you alright?"

Jamie's eyes remained on Charlotte as she nodded her head. She walked towards the girl and pulled her into her, holding her tightly. "It'll be okay." She whispered as Charlotte tightened her grasp around her. Clarke and Bellamy joined them then. Clarke went to Finn's side with worry in her features while Bellamy joined Jamie and Charlotte.

"Bring out the girl Bellamy!"

They all turned towards the entrance of the tent and Jamie's grip tightened on Charlotte.

Murphy's voice was still ragged and raspy but there was a different fury behind his words now.

"Why, Charlotte?" Bellamy asked, flipping back around and facing the small girl. She had her arms wrapped tightly around Jamie's waist and tears in her eyes as she looked up at Bellamy. "I was just trying to slay my demons. Just like you told me."

Clarke's eyes widened and she glanced at Finn before taking a step closer to the trio. "What the hell is she talking about?"

Bellamy sighed and glanced at Clarke and Finn. "She misunderstood me." He looked back down at Charlotte as she finally released Jamie. "Charlotte, that's not what I meant."

"Bring the girl out now!" Murphy yelled again.

"Please don't let them hurt me." Charlotte pleaded with Jamie and Bellamy. Jamie looked up at Bellamy and they held each other's gazes for a moment before looking back down at Charlotte. "We won't, you'll be okay." Jamie reassured the girl.

"If you guys have any bright ideas, speak up." Bellamy mentioned, turning to Finn and Clarke once again.

The two exchanged a glance but didn't say anything.

Bellamy's eyes narrowed and he let out a deep breath. "Now you stay quiet?"

"Those are your boys out there." Finn replied, pointing outside.

"This is not my fault! If she had listened to me those idiots would still be building the wall!" Bellamy took a step forward as his voice rose slightly, the anger flooding through him.

"You want to build a society princess? Let's build a society! Bring her out!" Murphy shouted.

Charlotte flinched into Jamie and grabbed her hand before looking up at Bellamy. "No! Please Bellamy!"

He instantly leaned down to her level to speak to her. "Charlotte, hey, it's gonna be okay. Just stay with them, okay?"

She nodded and he stood back up. His eyes shifted to Jamie before he turned and retreated from the tent. Jamie glanced down at Charlotte and squeezed the girl's shoulders. "Stay with Clarke and Finn okay? They'll keep you safe. We'll find you later."