Chapter Two: Vegetables are a must: carrot cake, zucchini bread and pumpkin pie.

Chapter Two: Vegetables are a must. I suggest carrot cake, zucchini bread and pumpkin pie.

Mom was standing at the gate of that read "Frosted". Who the hell names a camp Frosted? I was very annoyed at this point. The whole ride here mom did nothing but rave and rave about how this was the camp for the young bakers of tomorrow. All throughout the ride here I thought, "This better not be petty baking with your host, Betty Crocker." But this is worst. A camp named "Frosted". How freaking original.

Tears welded up in mom's eyes. "I'm going to miss you, Serenity. Maybe you shouldn't go." She was very close to bawling. Snot threatened to drip out of her nose. People were starting to stare

"Mom, you were the one who suggested it." I rolled my eyes, past the point of annoyed.

"Oh yeah...I did, didn't I?" She said softly. "Well bathe every day, kick some butt and eat your veggies!" She hopped in the car and rolled down her window. "I'll call you tomorrow."

I looked disbelievingly at the retreating car. She was about to send me off to an immediate death, and that's all she had to say! "eat your veggies and don't do drugs, they make you fugly"! I kicked the ground fuming. The only vegetables I'll be eating are carrot cake, zucchini bread and pumpkin pie. That's right world, there's a new rebel in town!

I walked through the gates and into a field with other teens. I thought that this camp was going to be mostly girls, but there seemed to be an even ratio between guys and girls. Everyone greeted each other after a long boring school year. Friendships already seemed to be formed and allies and enemies were already in place. I mentally cursed mom for bringing me into this.

I was looking for an escape when someone tapped my shoulder. "Hi, I'm Eva! It's nice to meet you!" She stuck out her hand and I shyly shook it.

"Erm..Serenity." I awkwardly greeted.

After our exchange of names a camp female counselor stood in front of the crowd. "Welcome to Camp Frosted! For those of you are new here, this camp was founded and is sponsored by International Culinary Schools at the Art Institute of Los Angeles. Throughout your time at camp you will be competing for a prize. This year's prize is..." She trailed off in suspense. "$44,000 furnished by the Culinary Art Institute."

As soon as she said forty four thousand dollars, my mouth dropped. Excited chatter picked up and floated throughout the crowd. That was a shitload of a lot of money. There has to be a catch.

"But here's the catch." Everyone quieted down. "The money will be split between you and your partner." The chatter picked up again, this time more loud and frantic. No shit forty four thousand dollars is a lot of money to risk losing because of a crappy partner. "Not to worry, your partners will be picked to best compliment you. Each pairing will be based off of a cupcake you bake tonight and bring in tommorrow. This is the hardest culinary competition for young aspiring bakers and cooks. People from all over the country come here for camp."

She looked across the crowd, and grinned excitedly. "The sheet of paper with cabin numbers are over there." She pointed at a bulletin board that was standing up in the grass. "You can get settled today and tomorrow, but come Wednesday, let games begin!"

I scrambled to the bulletin board. Elbows smashed into my sides and I'm pretty sure that my hand touched someone's sweaty armpit. I tried keeping an eye on Eva's curly blonde hair as she weaved in and out of the crowd effortlessly. Once I got to the front I scanned the sheet. "Sally, Samantha, Sarah, Seraphina, Searra, Selina....Serenity." I mumbled under my breath.

I took mentally note of the number 245. I dived out of the crowd and walked around trying to find my cabin. I came across a door labeled 245 in clean-cut white letters, and cautiously opened it. To say this cabin was like any other dingy woodsy cabin would be an absolute lie.

These were freaking luxury cabins. A leather butterscotch colored couch sat against the wall adorned with burgundy and bronze corduroy pillows and a matching chair say diagonal to it. A coffee table sat in the middle of the floor and a stone fireplace sat in front of it. I walked into a room with a full sized bed, dresser and nightstand. I dumped my bag on the bed, claiming my territory.

I was unpacking my bag, when a head of curly blond hair popped through my door frame. "Serenity!" Eva's petit frame tackled me. "I thought I was going to have to room with one of the bitches!" She rambled "And everyone knows they will ruin you." She unlatched herself from me and sat on my bed. "So, who do you think our other roommate will be?"

I finished putting my jeans away and closed the drawer. "I don't know." I shrugged. "As long as it's not one of the bitches you were talking about."

We heard the door opened, so we quickly went to the living room to greet them. We were met with dark brown eyes glaring straight at us. I looked to Eva to see that her light brown eyes were glaring right back. Well this was awkward.

I broke the silence and stuck out my hand. "I'm Seren-"

Her eyes zeroed in on me. "Yeah, I know who you are. And you better stay away from Ayden." She whipped her head around and claimed a room. Well so much for not rooming with a bitch. I heard a door slam and the click of a lock.

Eva pulled me into her room and hurriedly closed the door. "Y-you didn't talk to Ayden, did you?" she looked nervous and scared. For me.

I sat down on Eva's hot pink plush rug, and frowned. "I don't even know an Ayden. Plus you're the only person that I've really spoken to."

She twirled a strand of her curly blonde locks. "Good, don't even say 'hi' to him. Don't speak to him at all." She said seriously. "The last person who did, Adrianna saw as a threat. And let's just say, two days later the girl was gone. Adrianna and Ayden are a 'thing'. A power couple, if you will, though I'm not sure why. Ayden's a freaking hottie and Arianna is a witch."

I played with a frayed piece of string on my shorts. "I'm here to win, and that's it, keeping my eye on the prize. If she wants to 'destroy' me for talking to her 'boyfriend', then go ahead. But just know that this little cookie" I said pointing to myself, "retaliates."