Chapter Nine: Hershey's Kisses

IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE END!

Chapter Nine: Hershey's Kisses

I awkwardly leaned towards Zach and giggled, hoping I didn't sound like a dying walrus. "Oh, Zach, you are just hilarious!"

"Flirt!" Ayden's eager voice shouted loudly in my ear through the small speaker.

I lightly touched his arm. "Wow, and you've got some...uh...muscles?" It came out more like a question. He didn't have twice the muscles as a freaking newborn baby.

He laughed and flashed me his megawatt smile. "That's what all the bangable ladies say!"

My fake smile dropped. "Bangable? What do you mean by bangable?" Who the hell does he think I am?

"Don't drop your act!" Ayden's voice boomed through my ear, making me flinch.

I've had enough of enduring Zach's degrading comments for the two whole weeks that I've been 'dating' him! I've finally reached a breaking point. Fuck him and fuck Adrianna and her slutastic friends! I pulled the earpiece out, but not before I heard Ayden yell "Abort mission, I repeat, abort mission!"

Rolling my eyes, I threw the cold drink on his five hundred dollar brand name shirt. "I am not a slut that will bang anything! Watch what you say next time. Oh, wait! There won't be a next time!" I yelled and stormed away from a fuming Zach.

"Serenity, what the hell!" Ayden ran up to me, out of breath, from his hiding place. "You can't just quit! The next mini competition is in two days and Adrianna still hasn't dropped me!"

I abruptly stopped. "Heck, Ayden!" I threw my hands in the air, exasperated. "You try being in my shoes! Try fake dating a narcissistic pig, and getting thrown dirty comments day in and day out!" I huffed.

"Um, that reminds me," he looked away and scratched his neck. "A guy named Jesse called, and I may or may not have picked up your phone and said to fuck off and that I was your boyfriend!"

"What!" I yelled.

He straightened up and crossed his arms. "We were in the middle of a mission! Mission get Ayden the hell away from Adrianna! What was I supposed to say?! Besides, everyone knows that cellphone calls during a mission is very distracting." He shrugged. "Better late than never."

Late is never better! I sat down on a bench, and Ayden followed suit. This cannot be happening! Adrianna has got my partner, so my chances of winning are slim to none, and Ayden has now interfered in my so called 'love life'.

I held my head in my hands. "What are we going to do?" I groaned. "Everything's fucked up!"

I looked up expectantly at Ayden's determined face. "Plan B."

"What's Plan B?"

"This."

Before I could react, shit had already hit the fan.

AYDEN:

Watching Serenity attempt to flirt with Zach for weeks had been as exciting as watching grass grow, which is actually far from fun. She was like an ostrich trying to fly. Awkward. Just when I thought I was going to die from boredom, things got a little more interesting.

To put it shortly: Zach said some shit, Serenity dumped her drink all over his expensive shirt, and now I'm screwed. Shit!

I stumbled out from behind my hiding spot, and ran to catch up to Serenity, who was sprinting away from the scene.

She just had to get out of control, but I'll definitely admit watching Zach get what he deserved was more than entertaining. My chances of winning were already flushed down the toilets, though. "Serenity, what the hell! You can't just quit! The next mini competition is in two days and Adrianna still hasn't dropped me!"

Serenity abruptly stopped. "Heck, Ayden!" she threw her hands in the air, looking extremely frustarted. "You try being in my shoes! Try fake dating a narcissistic pig, and getting thrown dirty comments day in and day out!" she huffed. We're basically doing the same thing, so I really don't understand what's so bad.

"Um, that reminds me," I looked away and scratched my neck. "A guy named Jesse called, and I may or may not have picked up your phone and said to fuck off and that I was your boyfriend!"

"What!" I yelled. Aww, shit! Here come the claws!

I straightened up and crossed my arms. I was not about to let her take control. "We were in the middle of a mission! Mission get Ayden the hell away from Adrianna! What was I supposed to say?! Besides, everyone knows that cellphone calls during a mission is very distracting." I shrugged carelessly. "Better late than never."

Serenity stopped and sat on a bench, and cradled her head in her hands. She looked up at me with pleading eyes. "What are we going to do!"

A slight breeze picked up, blowing her hair in the wind. It caught the sun and looked more caramel than brown. A splatter of freckles dusted the bridge of her nose and cheekbones. Her pleading eyes made me more than determined.

"Plan B."

"What's Plan B?" her green eyes lightened with specks of hazel. I never knew she had hazel in her eyes. I looked past her and saw Adrianna staring. Everything is set in place.

I turned my attention back to her. "This."

I lightly cradled her cheek and leaned in. If I wanted to win, I needed to do this whether I want to or not. There was a faint scar above her right eyebrow. How could I not notice this? Her eyes fluttered shut. Our lips met barely. She tasted like Hershey's Kisses. I really like Hersheys.

She pulled away, when she realized what was happening. "What was that?"

I looked past her to see that Adrianna was gone.

"That was me getting my partner back."

Her green eyes darkened. "What do you mean?"

I sighed. "I had to pretend that I enjoyed kissing you, so that Adrianna thinks that I'm cheating on her. She'll drop me as a partner to save her the humility. The kiss," I let out a breath. "meant nothing."

Serenity's face stayed blank. I couldn't tell what the hell she was thinking. "Right, of course."

I got up and clamped her shoulder. "It's great to be back, partner !" I plastered on a fake smile, and got up. "I'll come get you tomorrow morning a six to discuss what we're going to bake for the real competition."

"Sure." Her eyes hardened and her words were clipped.

I walked away, nonchalantly. But somehow every word and every step hurt more than it was supposed to. She was just a girl, nothing over-the-top. I was just the opposite. She would never make it in my world, and it would never work. Plus I still hate her. Right?

"Is you good? Is you okay? Cause I wants to know!"

Ayden's Point of View! How was it? I don't know, you tell me! Did this chapter rock your socks? Everything from here is D-R-A-M-A filled!

Favorite line from this chapter?

Thank you to everyone who reads this book and got Buttercreme Frosting to where it is today! As of 8/16/13 we made it to #786 in Humor! This is my first novel that even made it on a list. Thank you for your comments, votes and just reading. All you silent and non-silent readers have played a huge part. If you've been with me through the beginning, you know my writing used to be like poop on the sidewalk in the middle of summer.

COMMENOTE and FAN!

NEXT UPDATE 8/25/13 OR EARLIER