Chapter Eleven: Bonding over buttercrème frosting.

A/N: Well, here's a chapter. Two weeks of waiting. *sighs* I hope it's worth it! :)

Chapter Eleven: Bonding over buttercrème.

SERENITY

Jesse's eyes widned and his cheeks flushed angrily. "What?!" 

I tried to explain this whole misunderstanding, but Ayden beat me to it. "Dude, what don't you get. Is the size of your brain really a pinto bean?" He mocked. "Serenity and I are dating." He finished and draped an arm around me.  

"I don't believe it! Serenity would never date someone like you!" Jesse spat. 

"What do you mean someone like me! Do you even know who I am?!" Ayden shouted more shocked than angry. He crossed his arms "Serenity, go on, tell him who I am." 

"Jesse," I started, but got interrupted.  

"No, Serenity, tell him that me and you are dating and that he's the one with a pinto bean for a brain!" 

I stood there helplessly. I glanced behind me and found Eva sitting on the porch munching on popcorn and mumbling something about how this was way better than cable. Adrianna was long gone. 

"Ayden, can I talk to Jesse?" I asked calmly.  

Jesse gave him a smug look. "Sure." He turned around and sat next to Eva on the porch, keeping an eye on Jesse the whole time. 

I raised my eyebrow pointedly at him and Eva. "Alone?" 

Ayden looked relunctant, but in the end they both huffed and stomped into the cabin. 

When the door slammed, I started. 

AYDEN

I slumped against the door. *Stupid Jesse. He doesn't deserve someone like Serenity.* 

"Ayden. Ayden!"  

I snapped out of my thoughts. "I would like you to know that I approve." Eva smiled slyly. 

"What?" 

"I approve of you going after Serenity." 

I rolled my eyes. "I don't go for girls like Serenity." 

She smirked. "Oh really? Is that why you were lip locking outside?" 

"T-that was for business purposes only!" I shouted. 

"Sure...just incase you decide to give Jesse a run for his money," she moved towards her room. "I thought I'd give you the go ahead." 

"I-I don't like Serenity!" 

"Sure. Just keep telling yourself that. But if you hurt her, I won't hesitate to kill you, and then dump you alongside the road. Are we clear?" She locked the door behind her and I was left alone. 

Serenity bounded through the door not minutes later. Her hair was thrown messily on top of her head, there was a faint scratch on the side of her face and her clothes were creased and crumpled, yet she never looked more beautiful in that moment. I meant ugly. Yeah, definitely ugly.

"Jesse is staying for two weeks." Her green eyes swept over the room and landed on me. "Apparently he thinks he can win me back or something." She said monotonously. 

Over my dead body! I cleared my throat, but my voice came out surprisingly hoarse. "You don't want that, right?" 

Something flashed across her face. What was that? Annoyance?  "No! Of course not!"