Chapter 2.

I lay still on the bed afraid of what I might see when I open my eyes. For last night was just terrible.

A constant battle between me and them left my room in a sty. I'm afraid for Jessie. She shouldn't have to go through this.

Yes. She should. They did this to me. I was fine before. I was the stunning Rosalyn but now, I'm Depakote.

"Wake up Rosalyn. Your meds will wear off soon."

Jessie's voice is rather hushed as to not angry me. She's smart. Too bad I'm not the one in control now.

"It's okay Jessie.", I reply as I get up with a big smile.

She notices my stable state and starts to be who she usually is.

"I ran you a bath and breakfast is on the table."

I nod my head in understanding and get up and head for the door.

"And Rosalyn."

I stop and turn to her.

"I'll clean up this mess.", she finishes as she looks around.

Now that she mentioned it, my room was despicable.

Ripped Curtains, over thrown chairs, scratch marks all over the walls. Even my poor window has a little crack.

A smirk forms on my face as I watch the mess I had created. It quickly changes though as I notice Jessie staring.

My eyes divert away and I stroll out the room.
I sing softly to myself as I trace my finger across the staircase as I walk down.

"Tip toe through the tulips..."

Eggs and waffles lay glistening on the table. My stomach growls at the amusing sight.

Wasting no time, I pick up a waffle and take a bite. It's a little hard.

Frustrated, I drop the waffle on the plate and walk into the kitchen for a knife.

"Butter knife, where are you.", I groan.

Since I can't find any, I grab a butcher knife instead.

I stare at my reflection through the blade of the knife. I laugh at how pointy it is; how beautiful blood would look dripping down it.

*Meow*

I look down to see Tibbles, Jessie's cat. With an idea in my head, I smile at the cat and back to the knife. My grin gets wider as I continue to stare back and forth in replay.

"Oh your a cutie aren't you.", I say as I bend down and stroke his fur. "Well too bad I don't kill by looks."

I raise the knife and hold down Tibbles. As I was about to reach my target, Jessie walks in. I let go of Tibbles immediately and watch him scurry away. With the knife hidden behind my back, I stand up and wait for her to realize my presence.

It doesn't take her long.

"Woah, Rose you scared me. Why aren't you eating?"

"I just came for some water Jes.", I reply.

"Okay well have you seen Tibbles?I've been searching for him all morning."

She starts to walk towards me. Panicking, I quickly say "Check downstairs in the basement. Maybe the little fella is there."

She nods with agreement and heads downstairs.

I sigh and drop the knife in the sink. I didn't want to have to kill her...yet.

"Ow!", I yell out as I feel the last drain of the medicine kicking back in.

Well here comes happy Roselyn. At least for a little while.