Chapter 6.

The snow started falling early this morning. I sit still on the porch steps watching it cover the ground like a blanket.

I'm wearing nothing but a white dress and white boots but that doesn't stop me. The snow drops on loose strands of my hair causing little streaks of cold water to slide down my face.

I take in a deep breath, giving way to the cool breeze to enter my lungs. I shiver at the effect but I've never felt more at peace.

James will be arriving in about 6 minutes. As for Jessie, I despise her at the moment.

She thinks I shouldn't go. But why? I asked her over and over but not a single explanation left her lips.

I took my pills already. Even I was the one to remind her to give them to me. I don't want to scare James away yet anyways. I'm a twisted game and I need him to solve me.

I stop focusing on the snow and my eyes fall on the black car that's pulling into the drive way. I can't make out the driver's face clearly.

I hesitantly stand up and start to back away towards the door.

I'm not scared of anyone but I'm in a calm state right now and I don't want to do something...tragic. The pills can only do so much.

The car door opens and brown hair pokes out. I sigh with relief as James steps out the car.

"Hey. It's just me. Ready to go?"

He looks handsome as he stands there dressed in all black. Like a lost soul searching for a little light. But it's the other way around.

"Yeah, let me just get my coat."

I walk inside and put on my coat. I was about to step back out but I stop.

No matter what you find out today, just accept it.

I repeat the sentence in my head as I leave and start to walk over to the car.

"I can't get any crazier anyways. Can I?" I mumble to myself.

I see Jessie staring down on me as the car drives off. I do nothing but stare back until I'm too far away to.

"So...How are you Rosalyn."

"I'm fine."

I don't even turn to face him. I came here for one thing and one thing only. I don't need small talk.

What can I say; the car ride was a silent one. Neither of us bothered to talk after awhile but that's the way I wanted it to be.

Soon enough we stop at a park.
What about coffee??

"Um James, this isn't a café."

I get no reply so I turn to his direction but he's already out the car.

I curse under my breath as I face back to the window, and guess who was there.

James opens the car door and holds his hand out for me to take.

Who does he think he is? We aren't in a princess movie. He can stop this.

Regardless of what I just said, I take his hand and step out. An icy breeze slaps me in the face and I can't help but snuggle into James' jacket.

He plays along and wraps his arms around me. I feel weird.

"Why are we here?", I ask trying to not show how uncomfortable I am.

"Don't talk.", he says. Shushing me up. "I talk and you find out what you want. Let's go."

I walk alongside him until we get to a frosty swing set. He unwraps his arms from around me and starts to dust off one of them.

"Sorry, I don't swing.", I hurriedly tell him; seeing what he was doing.

"Just this once. Trust me. I'll even push you.", he replies.

What's the worst that can happen?

I walk over to the swing and sit down slowly. James walks behind me and starts.

"We use to play here. The swings were always your favorite. You would always laugh when I pushed you like this. "

I stop breathing for a moment. It's funny how he talks about our memories. Pure joy and happiness comes from his words but look at me now. Why aren't I like that anymore?