Chapter 12.

7 Months Later.

It's been 7 long months. Months of trial and error; times where I tried to deny how I was starting to feel about James. But in the end he never left my side and I'm actually...happy. If this feeling that I feel is even happiness; I don't know.  All I know is I never want to let him go.

I've been getting better with him here. I'm still messed up but I think I'm healing. Just one step at a time. His support means everything.

Little pollen grains dance in the air as the car speeds through them. The warm spring air is soothing on my skin as I watch James from the passenger seat.

He's so focused on the road. I like the way he clenches and unclenches his jaw. It makes me want to trace every detail of his face and make him know how handsome he is.

Our wedding is in three weeks and I'm ecstatic. I can't wait until I get to not only give him my love but also my body, mind, and soul. My heart will be raw to him.

The old Rosalyn would be terrified by this type of commitment but I've come a long way and I will not turn back now.

We are going to visit his father at work today. This has to be the first time I'll be out in public since...I don't even remember. I'm happy to see Mr. Philip. It's been a while.

"You ready babe?"

I nod my head in reply as the car comes to halt in front of a very top notch building. I don't think it's even considered a building. Maybe more of a skyscraper. Anyways, it's very prestigious and I can't help but admire it.

James gets out the car and walks around to where I am. He opens the door for me and I step out. He gives me a reassuring smile and we walk hand in hand into the building.

Everyone is staring at me and whispering. And I mean everyone.

I thought she was dead.

Really? I thought she went to the mad house.

Im happy to see her again.

See guys. I knew Mr. Philip wouldn't get away with it.

I was taking in everything they said. They must be really stupid to think I can't hear them but what are they talking about?

James and I walk into an elevator and I take the opportunity.

"James why is everyone staring? They're saying some stuff and I don't like it."

It's like he doesn't hear me. He just stands there rubbing my hand. Is he nervous?

"James. James, are you listening?"

"Uh, yeah. Look we'll talk about it later okay?"

I sigh and accept his words. Couple minutes later and we get out on the 75th floor. It's decorated in black and gold and the floor is pure marble. This must be Mr. Philips office. I don't understand why since they're floors above this one but I guess it's not my place to ask.

"Wait here."

I take a seat on a chair and watch as James steps into a room. I try and take a peek but the doors close before I even have the chance.

I rub my hands together to try and past the time. I hear muffled screams from the other side of the door but I don't dare move.

Every time I hear them again, I get up and move a little to the door but I sit right back down when they stop.

Come on. You can do it Rosalyn.

I listen to my conscience and walk up to the door. I press my ear toward it and what I heard was not what I should have.

"You weren't suppose to fall in love with her James."