Chapter 7.

I just sit there and try to comprehend what James just told me. I'm trying so hard to remember, to get even a image of that day but I can't.

"And that's all I'm telling you today."

Wait, what? I stop the swing and get up to face him.

"You said you were going to tell me everything."

I can feel my face getting hot. So help me God, James you better say something quick or else...you'll know why they call me crazy.

"Yes I am but only when we meet."

"What do you mean only when we meet?", I ask him; puzzled by his comment.

"I don't want to lose you again Rosalyn. You were my best friend. I loved you. I still love you and I want you in my life."

I struggle to hold back a laugh but it comes out anyways.

"You." I say while holding my stomach from laughing too hard. "You actually love me? That was funny."

"No Rosalyn I'm serious."

"Please do us both the honor and shut up. I don't know you James."

I emphasize the last part. Not to hurt him but for him to know the truth.

"I can't remember you even if I wanted to so just please...stop."

He stares at me for awhile and I stare back. My skin itches for him to say something and not leave me hanging but he doesn't. I look away feeling a little guilty.

I was about to apologize but he cuts me off.

"Date me Rosalyn. Not like boyfriend and girlfriend dates but just let me take you out. On every date we go, I'll tell you a little more about your past, about everything. And when you find out the whole truth, if you don't love me back by then I'll leave. I'll walk out your life Rosalyn and never look back."

If he thinks I care, he clearly doesn't know me. What am I saying? I don't even know me. I don't know when it's the real Rosalyn talking anymore. I'm so lost it scares me. How can I  bother to love anyone when I can't even love myself?

"Deal." I reply. He just outplayed himself. If there's one thing I know about myself it's that I can never love again.

"Great. Now let's get you home."

Short Chapter oops.