Chapter 4.

My throat is filled with dry, cold air as I take a breath; finally awake.

I run my hands over my surroundings and notice that I am on a bed. My bed.  I open my eyes and sit up but I quickly fall back down as the weight of the world can be felt on my shoulders.

I notice a glass of water on my bed side table. A note is attached to it. With the strength I have, I reach for them both.

With each gulp I take, I feel more relieved. The water flows over my cracked lips, onto my drought tongue, and down my coarse throat. Soothing me instantly.

I then look down at the note and read it.

To Rosalyn
Here is a glass of water. I've put something in it to make you feel better. I had to overdose you. You weren't stable. Just know I love you and I mean no harm.
We have visitors coming over today and I want you on your best behavior. There is a black dress on the edge of your bed. Please put that on and come downstairs.
Love Always, Jes

I scoff at her sorry excuse and crumble the paper. Having regained my structure, I get up and grab the dress.

I stop in front of my mirror. The new one at least. Now that I notice, my room is completely clean and painted over.

The once white walls are now sky blue and my window is fixed. New furniture and a cream carpet floor.

I don't even want to know how she did all this. I could care less.

I slip into the dress and take in my figure. I can't describe how I look. No words can explain what I give off. It's impossible and I think that's what scares me.

That I'm so deep in sadness and pain that it has everyone else blinded.

I let my hair flow out as I head to the door. No point wearing shoes I'm most likely not going anywhere.

I hear voices from downstairs and I halt, not knowing if I'm ready to face new people.

Oh Rosalyn. She's been good. She's actually very happy now.

"Artificial happiness.", I say at the top of the stairs. I will not stand here and let those people believe lies.

"Rosalyn, your awake. Please come. Let me introduce you to these two."

I walk hesitantly down and stop next to Jessie. Two people are in front of her. One looking very old with strands of grey in his hair and the other I would say about my age with brown hair and green eyes. He's actually kind of...cute.

"This is Mr.Philip and his son James."