Chapter 3.

I lay still as I let the warm water hug my body at every angle. Gentle sways roll over me as I run my fingers over the water's surface. Relaxed is what I am.

My medication has worn off now and even if it's just for a minute, I can finally be Rosalyn again.

I take in a deep breath as I recollect my thoughts. Jessie will walk in here any minute and I'll be gone again but I'm leaving her a message so she can know what I need.

I sit up in the tub and reach for the razor. Gently I carve the word freedom on my left thigh. It doesn't hurt, nothing hurts anymore. I don't feel a thing.

Happiness, sadness. What are those? I'm buried deep in a life of pain and I want someone to rescue me. I need someone to rescue me. But who?

The bathroom door creaks as it opens and I turn my eyes to meet Jessie's. She looks at the now red water and back to me.

I laugh and lean back as she stands there in shock. Motionless and mute; what a terrible sight.

"Is there a problem Jes?", I say as I break the silence.

No response.

Instead she unfolds her right palm to reveal the pills and walks over to me. She grabs my hair and pulls me down under the water.

I thrash and scream, struggling for air.

She lifts my head back up and releases me. I cough repeatedly as I realize what she has just done.

Taking my situation to her advantage, she grabs my jaw and squeezes my cheeks till I can resist no longer and open my mouth.

She then uses her other hand to stuff the pills down my throat.

"Swallow now or you go back under."

I think over the effects of both choices and choose life. I want to live. I want to have my revenge.

I want to trace my signature over every part of her skin. I want to watch her bleed out as she screams my name, begging me for mercy. I want to make her suffer.

"Good girl.", she says as she sighs in relief .

She lets out the bloody water and turns on the shower. I sit still as it cascades over me, cleaning me from my past action.

Jessie sits behind me, not caring if she gets her clothes wet, and combs my hair.

Little cries escape her lips and i can't help but feel satisfied.

"It will be your blood under my shoes one day.", I say with a grin as I turn to face her.

"I'm helping you.", she cries out.

"Helping me? I'll kill you Jessie. I promise you tha..."

My breath hitches as I feel the effects of the pills kicking in. But this time it's different. Completely different.

"You overdosed me, didn't you."

My limbs become numb and I can no longer support myself. I slump over and fall into Jessie's arms.

A blanket of darkness covers my eyes and before I know it, I'm out.

What did I do? What did I say? Why am I living this life? I need the truth. I want answers. It's been years and I'm tired.