Chapter 5.

"Nice to meet you both.", I reply.

I don't know these people. Why are they even here? Seeing no point in staying, I turn and head back up.

"Um James, why don't you go with Rosalyn. Make yourself acquainted."

I turn back and say, "No I'm fine. Thank you anyways Jessie."

"Nonsense go on James. She won't bite."

As Jes said that she gave me a stern look as if I'm a dog placed on a leash and finally unhooked, I must behave or go back on that leash.

I roll my eyes and head towards my room. Heavy footsteps follow behind.

Entering my room, I sit modestly on one of my chairs. James sits across from me on the other.

"What do you want?" I ask him, trying to get this over and done with.

"Nothing. I just thought you would remember me." He replies.

"Remember you? I don't even know who you are."

"We use to be best friends when were younger. I lived one house down and I would always come over and play. My father and your parents were good friends."

"I'm sorry I just...don't remember. I'm not the sa..."

"I know your not the same. After what happened to you, of course you wouldn't."

He knew what happened. He knows about my past. Maybe he can help me.

"What do you mean? What happened to me? Why am I like this?"

He opened his mouth to reply but his father's voice came out instead.

"James! Let's go."

James sighed as he got up to leave. There is no way I'm going to let this opportunity slip. I need this.

I guess he saw how desperate I was since he quickly said "How about we talk things over? Tomorrow we can get coffee and I'll explain everything."

"Yes please. Thank you."

I couldn't help the smile that formed on my face. A real smile. Not caused by the pills but actually from me.

This can not be real.

"I'll meet you here at 1. Is that good?"

"Yes that is fine."

He smiled and then walked out and left.

Later into the night...

The sound of tea sips fill the living room. I sit on the edge of the couch and watch as Jes devours the hot liquid.

"So." She speaks up. "What did you and James talk about?"

"Nothing. We're just going out for coffee tomorrow."

She looks up from her cup and a hug smile forms on her face.

"Is it like a date...?", she asks.

"No. Jessie. It's not like a date. Don't even go there. Do you know what he said to me today? He told me how we knew each other, how he knew my parents. How do you think that made me feel? I can't even respond Jes. I want to so bad but I can't because I don't remember. I want answers Jes, and if I can't get them from you I'm getting them from someone else."