Prologue

Prologue:

The library use to be my sanctuary, with its paper perfume, the soft whirl of the copy machines, the multiple different possibilities to use to transport myself into another life other than my own…Well that was until he ruined it. He ruined a lot of things when the mystery was revealed. I was the joke along with everyone else. I wasn’t anything special it turns out. I just carelessly made it more convenient for him and his master plan.

You see, there’s just something about mysteries that I can’t resist. It’s like I just have to know and I won’t rest until I found out what’s going on. I’ve been that way ever since I was a little girl; Mom tells me all the time that I would snoop around during holidays to find out what my presents are. She finally had to start hiding them at her friend’s house so I wouldn’t go looking. I guess I just don’t like secrets in general. I hate surprises and I hate not knowing something. That’s what got me in this mess in the first place. If my urge to uncover secrets and mysteries didn’t exist then I wouldn’t be here now.

All because I was nosy and I just had to know why Ty Caiona, the arrogant, jock, jerk had suddenly become Bryce Acklin, the sweet, intelligent, nerd. Why I was the only one who ever figured out the similarities between the two the first day he showed up at school as Bryce, I’ll never know. I guess my school really does have a bunch of unobservant idiots for students.

I just had to confront Ty or shall I say Bryce and try and force him to spill. But he was very determined to keep it a secret and even begged me not to tell anyone else of his identity. I kept his identity a secret from everyone but that didn’t stop me from taking every opportunity that passed to uncover why he was going to school under an alias and a new look. The more I kept digging and spending time with him, I eventually started to find out things I never knew about him, which eventually led up to me falling head over heels in love with him. Love? Who would have thought? Definitely not me, that’s something I never would have even, gave a second thought to. I mean come on…Ty Caiona? But it happened.  How? I don’t know, but it did. And I thought he felt the same for me…Until the truth came out.

I wish I could have resisted the urge to uncover a mystery, because when everything came spiraling out, my heart was shattered into millions of pieces. Everything I thought I knew about him was completely wrong. Was there any truth to anything we shared during the time he was pretending to be someone else? The only thing I know was that I was just a convenient pawn who happened to stumble into his game all because I couldn’t resist not knowing his secret. I should have known that maybe certain things should be left unknown.

This is the story of how I, Jaidyn Ellis fell in love with a boy keeping a secret. A secret I wish would have remained a secret because then my heart would still be in one piece, it wouldn’t hurt every time it beat, the library would still be my home away from home and I wouldn’t be sitting here wondering if I will ever be the same girl again, the one I was before he came along and ruined everything.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: No he is not a vampire, or werewolf or magical, nothing of that sort. It is also not because of a bet either! It will be a while until everything is revealed but I just wanted to clear that up before anyone asks. :) I can safely say, none of those are it. Enjoy!