Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten: April 18th 2011

“Ty Matthew Caiona! You are dead to me!” I screamed at the top of my lungs and flung myself down the stairs dramatically. My hair was sticking to my forehead and I’m sure if I looked in the mirror it would be a tangled, sticky mess. Not to mention I was covered in flour. Honey in my shampoo and flour in my hair dryer…How original…

Ty smiled angelically at the foot of the stairs, I still can’t get my heart not to stutter when he smiles. He takes weak in the knees to a whole new level, “Hey babe.”

As soon as I reached him I waggled a finger in front of his face. “Don’t you ‘hey babe’ me. Why would you do something so mean?” My lip pulled into what I hoped was a cute, irresistible pout.

“It was all Avarie’s idea. She is still mad that you hid her Xbox and you won’t tell her where it is.” He chuckled.

“And she is never going to get it back now.” Huffing, I tried to wipe some of the sweet and sticky honey off that was oozing down the side of my face.

The laughter washed off his face as quick as it came and his lips pulled into a frown. “You need to be more careful Jay, luckily your sister ran off to Kamryn’s house to hide from you and your parents are at work. They could have heard you yelling my name.”

“Sorry, I kind of forget. We have been official for like a week now Ty, can’t we just tell them the truth? I’m tired of pretending I’m dating ‘Bryce’ and having to remember not to call you Ty. It’s not like they are going to say anything.”

He rolled his eyes. “We have already talked about this, no.”

Throwing my hands up in the arm I stopped my foot like a child which cause some flour coated honey to fling onto Ty’s face. His chuckled and used the back of his hand to wipe it off and wiped his hand on his jeans.

“Fine, I’ll drop it for now. So tomorrow is your birthday, what do you want to do?”

“We will talk about that when you go shower. I can’t hug or kiss you when you are all sticky.” Pushing me towards the bathroom he turned and walked back towards the family room.

“And whose fault is that?” I yelled over my shoulder before jogging back up the stairs to take yet another shower.

**

After drying my hair and getting dressed again I met Ty downstairs and plopped next to him on the couch. “So what do you want to do? Have a party?”

He shook his head quickly. “No party. How about me and you and a candle light dinner? And maybe you can wear a school girl outfit for me too.” He smirked.

“That’s a cute idea minus the outfit.”

“Awe why not?” His perfect lips pulled into a playful frown.

“So that’s it? You just want a candle light dinner?”

“And you in a school girl outfit.”

“No Ty.”

“Fine that is all I want.” He muttered. He knew not to start an argument with me, he never wins. Either I’m good at arguing or he just lets me win in the end. I’ll never know.

“Done, what about what you want for your present?”

“You-“

“No Ty.” I cut him off knowing just what was about to come out of those kissable lips of his. All this time we have spent together has helped me know him inside and out.

“I wasn’t going to say that.” He argued.

“Then pray tell what were you going to say?” Raising an eyebrow I leaned back into the arm of the couch and propped my legs up on his lap. Automatically he put a hand on my calves and started giving me a massage.

“I was going to say you and me together is more than enough, I don’t need or want anything else.” Flashing me a smile he leaned forward and gave me a quick kiss.

Although it was extremely cute of him, I knew for a fact that he wasn’t going to say that, his eyes gave him away as he spoke. Of course I’ll never tell him that he blinks more than normal when he is lying. But since it was sweet I just let it slide.

The front door banged opening causing me to yank my legs off of his lap. My parents were cool with me having a boyfriend but they hate any kind of PDA in front of them for some reason. They are so old fashioned and weird I swear.

“It’s alright kids, you don’t have to jump apart and sit on opposite ends of the couch just because I’m here.” Avarie giggled as she walked into the family room and threw her purse and keys down on the coffee table. Taking a seat in the recliner she propped her feet up on the table and threw her hands behind her head while giving me her famous diabolical smile. “How did you like your shower?”

“You are never getting your Xbox back sis.” I grinned.

“Are you serious? You’re a…Gah! You know what you are Jay Jay.” She muttered.

“I know but you still love me.”

“Unfortunately.”

“You two are mental you know that?” Ty laughed and leaned back into the couch pulling my legs back onto his lap.

“How are we mental?” Avarie raised an eyebrow. “Like do you mean crazy?”

Ty snorted at her reply. I couldn’t help but stifle a giggle too which caused her to narrow her eyes at the two of us. I have a feeling that she isn’t done with her pranks now.

“Yea I mean like crazy.” Rolling his eyes he pointed up the stairs. “It’s in her closet, top shelf underneath a black hoodie.”

“Thanks Bryce, you’re awesome. Jay Jay you got yourself a keeper.” She said as she jumped up to run upstairs and ransacks my room to get her precious game system back.

“Thanks.” After smacking Ty in the head I stood up to go and make sure Ava didn’t decide to break anything of mine to get even.

“You’re welcome babe.” He chuckled.