Chapter Four

Chapter Four:

I happily slept in until midafternoon with no disturbances until Avarie decided that I had been asleep long enough and it was time to start jumping on my bed with me still in it. Once I was coherent enough to understand what she was jabbering about she let me know that we are going out for a girl’s night with Kamryn. Apparently they just had to see the new movie with the wolf guy from Twilight in it. The obsession they have with him? Who knows, personally he isn’t all that attractive but maybe I’m more into the pretty boy types.

I had just finished attempting to curl my hair and was now rummaging for an outfit for the day. I settled on a pair of ripped denim shorts and a white tee, completed with a pair of flip flops. Running into the kitchen I grabbed an apple from the fruit basket and kissed my dad on the cheek.

He was flipping through the newspaper like normal with a cup of coffee in his hand. He must have the day off today because usually by the time mom gets off and comes home to sleep during the day he has already left for work at the law firm.

“No work today daddy?” I asked as I sat myself down at the kitchen table and bit into my apple.

He looked at me over his newspaper and rolled his eyes. “Don’t chew with your mouth open Jaidyn. Today is my day off; I’m going to do the lawn work in a couple hours. Are my girls going to help their dear old dad or are they disappearing for the day? Or well, what’s left of the day.”

“We are going to see a movie and probably to get something to eat after. We can stay if you need us to though.” I offered although I knew Avarie would throw a fit. She hated anything to do with cleaning but I on the other hand actually enjoyed it most of the time.

My room is spotless compared to hers. Her room looks like a replica of a male’s room. Cd’s strewn all over the place, video game controllers laying everywhere, and a mixture of clean and dirty clothes building up in piles. She spent most of her time playing video games instead of cleaning. She was one of those hardcore gamers. Try to get me to play a video game and I get frustrated. I don’t see how she does it.

“No I can do it. You girls have fun and behave yourselves.” My dad gave me a soft smile before turning back to his newspaper.

“Hurry up Jay Jay!” Avarie yelled from the front room. She was probably standing at the door impatiently tapping her foot waiting for me.

Walking through the hallway I grabbed my purse off the side table and checked to make sure I had my phone before meeting her in the front room and leaving out the door where we climbed into Kamryn’s car.

“Hey sleepy head.” She smirked at me through the rearview mirror. Avarie and I switch between front and back every weekend and unfortunately it’s her weekend to ride shot gun. She sucks.

“Hi beautiful.” I teased playfully before strapping on my seat belt.

 ***

After the movie, which was actually pretty good we ended up going to IHop for dinner. IHop was our favorite place to go out together. They had a lot of cute waiter’s and it was always fun to sit there and drool over them. Most of them were college aged boys though so they were a little out of our league. Our waiter for the night was adorable with brownish red hair that was long enough to run your fingers through, a pair of chocolate brown eyes and freckles scattered across his slightly pale cheeks. Kamryn was in a constant fit of giggles every time his honey sweet voice spoke and luckily for her he spoke directly to her most of the time. I think someone has a little crush.

The waiter brought our usual orders out. I couldn’t wait to dig into my sausage and pancakes. Yum!

Kamryn giggled as he set her steaming plate of scrambled eggs and bacon in front of her, “Thanks Kieran.”