Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven: April 19th, 2011

Ty’s birthday dinner was hopefully going to be a success. I had Mom and Avarie help me make his favorite meal, Chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes with white gravy and corn on the cob. I also had Kamryn drag him out of his apartment so I could set up in there to surprise him. Luckily he had given me a key a few days ago just in case I needed it.

Avarie helped me set the table with a nice egg shell colored table cloth like in fancy restaurants and set a few candles on it along with fancy white with gold trim plates and cups. The silverware even had exquisite swirl designs on the handles. Mom had also kindly bought us a small bottle of cheap wine just for the added effect.

I had everything set up and the food was already steaming on the plates when Kamryn let me know she was bringing Ty up the stairs blindfolded. The door knob jiggled and I rushed to swing open the door. Smoothing out my periwinkle blue knee length skirt I took his hand and nodded at Kamryn as she turned to jog back down the stairs.

Tugging him over to the table I hooked my hands behind his head to untie the blindfold. “You ready for your birthday dinner baby?” I whispered in his ear before pulling the cloth off his eyes.

He glanced at the table and turned his focus back to me with a happy smile. “Its perfect beautiful. Thank you.”

“Did you notice what we are having?”

“I could smell it when we walked in. I can’t believe you remembered me telling you that was my favorite meal.” He chuckled and led me over to my chair, pulling it out for me. Once I sat down he pushed me in and walked around to his chair.

We ate in silence and once we were done I went to the fridge to pull out the homemade chocolate raspberry cake I made from scratch (With my mom’s help of course). Cutting a slice I placed it on a plate and set it in front of Ty and then made myself a plate, taking my seat across from Ty again.

“This is amazing Jay. Thank you. It means a lot to me that you would do this for me for my birthday.” Ty smiled. “All that’s missing is that school girl outfit. But that whole tank top and skirt outfit is just as sexy I suppose.”

“Shut it.” Giggling I leaned over and smeared some icing across his cheek.

“You goofball.” Laughing he wiped his cheek with his napkin.

“I know this is hardly dinner conversation, but why do you live alone?” I just had to ask because it has been bugging me that he’s never even mentioned his parents and I’ve never seen them around at all.

Ty looked up in surprise and studied me for a few seconds before answering. “My Grandmother is in bad shape and doesn’t have much longer to live so my parents moved to London to take care of her until she passes because most of my family is selfish and don’t care about anyone but themselves. I was selfish myself and I didn’t want to leave since I was so close to graduating so we came to an agreement. My family isn’t rich and the plane tickets cost quite a bit so they cancelled the lease on our house and set me up with a small, cheap studio apartment for me to stay in until they come back.”

“And they just let you live by yourself?”

“Well I was so close to turning eighteen that it wasn’t really a problem. Plus they threatened me that if I slipped up just once I would be on a plane back to the UK before I knew it.” He chuckled.

“Oh ok. Well glad to finally know why you live in this creepy area all by yourself.”

“What did you think? That I don’t get along with my parents and got emancipated or something of the sort?”