Chapter 5

(Authors note: this story is shorter than usual, Jacob and I didn't have a lot of time!)

I was still a bit outraged by Prince's wanting to ask out Rebel. I had found out one thing--Rebel didn't want Zeke anymore. How could you not want a handsome, intelligent, groomed cat? He is so wonderful! I even called him Zeke The Fantastique. I had only met him a few times, and he sure was handsome. He had this sweet little face, and I decided to meet with him today and ask if he knew what was going on with Rebel. I met him with happiness, but he was in a sad state. ''What's up with Rebel? Why is she...'' he silenced me. ''I was going to ask you. You are her sister.'' He said. ''Make it better.''
Then Zeke jumped off the balcony, hopefully to the roof and not the ground below. His yellow fur flew through the wind, and the fluff of fur on his head flapped down. In a few seconds, he was out of sight. I was torn in two. Who was at fault? The only way to figure this out was to talk to Rebel herself. When I asked Mama if she knew where she was, she said that Rebel had gone to the Town Square with some cat. ''With some Prince cat, I think.'' she responded. Yep. There it was. Prince was going to ask Rebel to marry him! ''What about Zeke?'' I had asked. Mama did not know. Why was Prince trying to marry Rebel? I had no idea why. But I was gonna find out, even if it meant ruining their little get-together.
I felt proud on my way to the Town Square. My little bit of fur hanging off my head swayed confidently, and I held my shoulders high. Sure enough, Rebel was there with Prince. And Mama would be horrified at what she and him were doing. They were stealing fish from the market! The salesman chased them yelling, ''Filthy stray cats!'' I just stared, and I was scared. Really scared. What if he hurt my sister, and guy-who-messed-up-by-proposing-to-me friend? Then, the salesman saw me. ''At least one good kitty is here.'' he ran toward me as if he was gonna grab me. I didn't want to be his pet, even if it meant fresh fish each day! I hissed at him, and threw my head to the side to signal Rebel to follow me. She didn't see it. She had a medium fish in her mouth, maybe a salmon or cod. She was slow with it, though.
Just then, the salesman dashed over to Rebel. He was going to take her away! And Rebel was slow with the fish. If she attempted to take it with her, she'd get scooped up. I yelled at Rebel. ''Drop the fish and run!" She scowled at me, but let go of the fish. Then she ran over to me. ''Why'd you have to come and ruin it, sis? WHY!" she seemed really mad. I gave her a no-time-to-talk-we-must-go look. She ran with me. I didn't even look back to see what had happened to Prince. Rebel didn't either. And that was good.
What would happen to that little rascal? Maybe he would actually be taken by the salesman. I had a feeling Prince would make a very good pet.