Chapter 7

Madame's household was nice and big, but I had heard a rumor. Just a rumor, nothing else. But a big rumor.
"We are moving to Berwick, England!" Madame announced. There it was--a confirmed rumor.
I heard Berwick was a nice place. There were pretty mansions there, and friendly dogs and cats. Hopefully we would go safely with Madame and not unknowingly stuffed into a crate. And then she answered my next question.
"All of you will be coming on a plane with me, one of the first multiple passenger models!" she clapped. I was super excited, and I had no idea what that meant. Who cares! A plane sounded fun. I had heard of some before. They are big, fat, flying things. They can hold someone and can fly like a bird!
But Madame said this one was multiple passenger. I think that means it can hold more than one person, maybe? But a model? I only knew that a model meant someone like me.
Madame spent several days rounding all of us up, including Toulouse (who, if you remember, roams the wild). Finally, all of us were ready. Ready for a new adventure.
Many trucks came to take away trinkets and furniture. They would drive to Berwick, since it was not extremely far from France. And? We were going to fly--in style.
Zeke and Rebel got back together after Prince became a precious pet. So I counted everyone coming--Zeke, Rebel, me, Mama, Scat Cat's band, Mariette,Toulouse, Berlioz, Toula, Frou Frou, Berlay, Duke, Thomas, Roquefort. Yeah, I think that was all. The plane would be so much fun! I watched as the trucks drove off to England to deliver our stuff. Then I heard a really loud annoying sound.
It was the plane! It made a sound like 'pffffft'. There was a dangerous looking wheel thing on the front. It spun super fast! This 'plane' looked dangerous--but cool.
We all got on, and it stayed for a minute. But then it started RISING INTO THE AIR! I thought I could handle flight. But I got all nauseous and I shivered. I tried to jump out of the plane. I knew I never would, but I wanted to play with Madame's mind.
"Oh, Marie!" she cradled me in her arms. Toulouse playfully stuck his tongue out at me. "Right back at ya!" I laughed. Once you got used to it, flying was epic. I felt just enough wind on my fur. My head turned side to side, a smile crossing my face. "Mama, need to use the bathroom.'' Mariette said. Mama sighed. "Mariette, I told you to go before we left." she replied. "We'll be there in an hour or so." Mariette had this funny look on her face. I could tell she was trying to hold it in. I ignored my fears. Flying was epic.
One or two hours later, I felt the plane start to descend. I saw a big field of wheat. In front of it was a big cottage-y mansion. It looked humble, yet large. Desiree flapped her hair. "Now this is more like it." She said brattily. I laughed to myself, quietly. Oops, I forgot cats could hear really well. Desiree shot me a look, but I looked away as if I hadn't giggled at all. I looked over the edge again.
I could make out a small figure down below. It was either a dog or a cat. Hopefully a cat or friendly dog. The plane finally touched the ground. Home sweet home. Berwick, England.
Somehow, the moving trucks had beat us here. Whatever. They were unpacking heavy looking furniture and cute baubles and sitting them in the house. Madame smiled. "Oh, this wonderful!" Madame said, clapping. She whisked out of the grounded plane. Every cat jumped out. "Exploring time!" Toulouse smiled. I could tell he was happy. He got the wild he wanted, while near Madame's house! He and O'Malley ran off into the fields with Rebel. I just explored around. Then I saw that creature I saw from above. It was a cat! A brown male cat, and he had a smaller brown kitten with him. "Why, hello, what is your name?" he asked. This gentlecat had a strange accent. However, it was sweet and soundly. I loved it. Like melty caramel.
"I'm Marie." I smiled, giggling. The little brown cat wrinkled her nose. "Hello, outsider." she snickered. "Bella!" The bigger cat scolded. "I am Adam, and this is Bella." he said. Bella nodded. "Ah hmm." she said. I couldn't tell if this kitty was tomcat-ish or sassy. However, Adam was nice.
"Oh, we are moving in next door." I smiled. "We live there." Adam pointed to a cute, small cottage. "Our owner is named Sir Henry. He served in the British military." I nodded. "Cool!"
Adam was awesome. Then I saw Sir Henry. Madame looked at him wondrously. "Oh, hello! I am Adelaide, and these are my cats." Madame said to him. "Well hello! I live the next bit by. I am Henry."
I was fascinated by both Henry and Adam. Bella, maybe. "Is Bella your daughter?" I asked. Adam shook his head. "She's my little sister." Wow, I was surprised! Not only was Adam old enough to be her dad, he looked just like her! Adam went on. "My mother and father...that's something else." he gulped, as if he were about to cry. "When I was just a little kitten, and my younger sister was barely a week old, my mother and father told me they would always loves me. Even when they were gone. The next morning, I saw a truck drive away with a crate in the back that said 'Ship To NYC, US'. I have a feeling it was all Henry's fault."
Adam cringed at the memory. I saw his eyes get silvery. "I have a feeling he always lies," Bella laughed. "Because I don't remember them at all in my life!" Adam sighed. "They also took my older sister, Desiree. I have not seen her to this day."
My eyes widened. Desiree? As in, snobby, pretty, musical jazz cat? I couldn't keep myself from bursting. "Desiree's over there!" Adam looked over to Desiree, and he smiled big. He then ran to her. "Desiree! Oh Desiree!" Desiree turned to face him. "Adam!" she exclaimed, happily. I had never seen her this cheerful in my life.
The two embraced as Bella watched. "So this is that desire snob you always talk about?" Bella laughed. Desiree locked her eyes on Bella, mortified. She changed moods as quickly as she started. "How have you raised our sister, Adam? You have not been strict with her, or gave her lady-like ways." Desiree shook her head. "You must be reinforced at once!"
Desiree looked past the woods. "There is an old reinforcement school down in the middle of the forest." her eyes narrowed, as if she was plotting. "And seeing as you, Bella, are not a behaved child, you will go there at once."
Adam rejected and started, "Oh, well, you see-" But before he could finish, Desiree had scooped up Bella and was running full speed towards the forest.