Chapter 3

I woke up from the sound of my mother yelling. Normal.

"Ava! Shawn and a boy is here! Get ready now!" I heard them both walk in my room.

"Hey-o." Shawn said.

"Wake upppppp!!" Chris complained.

"5 more minutes." I complained back.

"Let's go off your butt c'mon you can do it." Eventually the boys lifted me out of bed, picked out the clothes I'll wear and had my breakfast made and everything I have to do in the morning. This is why Shawn's my best friend. I'm working on Chris.

"Are you ready now?"

"Yes. Let's go!" We all headed down the street to go to school. Once arrived, I immediately separated from the two who were having a intense talk about music. I got away as quick as I can. You see, I hate the whole 'pop' thing. I like things like Metallica. And of course Chris just loved pop music. Apparently once he said that so did Shawn. Eventually, after a 'hard' morning, it was time for everyone's favorite period. Lunch. My stomach was growling for food once I sat down with Shawn and Chris.

"Damn, just eat something." Shawn said.

"I forgot my lunch."

"Take mine." Chris said, handing it over.

"Oh- no thank you. It's your lunch. Eat it yourself." I lied. I really wanted that sandwich.

"Just take it. I know you want it." Chris handed me the lunch and I took a bite. Delicious.

"So why are you so nice to me?" I asked, curiously.

"Because you're interesting and you intrigued me. I want to be your friend. I want to know Ava McAdams. Not Ava. I want to know the real Ava." I stared at Chris in a weird way. What? I started to choke a little on the sandwich.

"Woah! Are you okay?" He asked.

"I'm fine. I'm okay. Um- I think I have to go finish my project for science, I'm going to go to the library uh see you guys after school, uh bye!" I called to the two boys. I had to get out of there. I left because I started to feel... I started to feel scared. And I'm only scared when I'm about to die or something in my emotional system is all worked up. Which it is. And I'm scared right now because... I think I like Chris.