Chapter 4

I met up with the guys after school. I gained self control after hitting myself in the head yelling at myself in the bathroom 'YOU DON'T LIKE HIM'.

"You know what- I totally forgot I have a essay due tomorrow for English I have to get home ASAP, I'll call you later Av- bye Chris." Shawn said, leaving Chris and I in an awkward position.

"Um, I guess we can get to know ea-" I was cut off rudely by Chris.

"Go out with me." He said, quickly.

"What?" I asked.

"Go on a date with me. I know you aren't a biggest fan of me, let me prove myself to you. Tonight, let me take you somewhere."

"Chris-"

"Great I'll see you there." Christian then got up and left. Leaving me more confused than I've ever been. Shawn ran back to the table and I knew he wanted to know what happened, obviously not leaving where we were previously sat together.

"Ava Catherine McAdams- details. Now." Shawn demanded.

"He's taking me out tonight. I didn't even say yes, he kinda just demanded it." I said.

"OTP!" He screamed. People turned and gave us weird looks. Shawn stuck his tongue out at some of them.

"Shut up Shawn." I told him. I got up from my seat blushing and ran out of the room. Shawn didn't bother following me because he knows; I go to the library during the second half of lunch. I arrived to the quiet classroom we call a 'library'.

"Hello Ava." Mrs. Robinson told me as I walked in.

"Hi Mrs. Robinson- I'm just gonna read."

"That's okay honey- which book?"

"Tex by S.E Hinton." (AN: if u haven't read this book READ IT I loved it)

"Ooo- a classic, have fun."

"Thank you Mrs. Robinson." I went to the back of the library, and sat down opening my book.

'I sat down at the kitchen table, sore and dazed and half- surprised that the world seemed to be rolling along as usual.' I thought about the sentence for a while. I couldn't focus. If this kid a long time ago didn't think he could have a smooth life- what about me? My life seems to be going in circles. Disaster after disaster after disaster.

But I can't have what Tex did. I can't sit down and think 'wow my life's being good to me so far.' No I haven't thought that in years. Ever since my dad died- I've never really recovered. Everyone tried to comfort me but all I ever did was push them away. But I'm extremely regretful because of doing that. If I never did that- I'd have a good friend circle, a healthy family relationship. I'd be nicer.

I decided after thinking about this for a awhile- I'm going to try be a better person. And the person I'm meanest person to is Chris of course. Tonight I'm going I be perfectly behave and I'll be polite. I'm going to try. For Chris❤.