Chapter 5

The doorbell rang. I knew it was Chris.

"Hey." I said.

"Hello gorgeous." Chris said making me blush a bit. Christian took me to his car. We got got in the car and drove off into town. We drove for a while until he stopped at my favorite restaurant, also known as the diner.

"How'd you no I love this place?" I asked, getting out of the car.

"Shawn told me." Chris said. Suddenly, he took my hand without question and led me inside without a glance or a word directed towards me. Once we both sat down at a table, it got awkward.

"So, why do you like this place?"

"It was the last place my dad took me?" I mumbled, sipping my water.

"What?" Chris asked.

"My dad, he died 2 years ago. This is the last place he took me." I told him. I don't know why I told him that. I haven't even told Shawn why it was my favorite.

"Oh. Uh, I'm sorry." Chris said, looking a bit embarrassed.

"Don't say that please."

"What do you mean?"

"For the past 2 years- every single person that knows my dad died. They say 'I'm sorry' but in reality. They aren't really sorry. I mean, I guess everyone was sorry for my mom and I at first, then, well, they just forget." That made him shut up. To break the tension, the waitress came over and we ordered our dinner. Our meal was almost silent except for some small talk. Eventually, we finished dinner. Christian payed like a gentleman and we walked back to his car. The ride, again, was pretty much silent. When we got to our street, Chris pulled in his driveway, because ya know, we're neighbors.

"Look, I didn't want tonight to this way. I wanted to joke and have fun and then I'd drive us home and I'd kiss you and ask maybe just maybe you'd be my girlfriend and-" I cut him off by putting my lips onto his.

"See you later." I smiled walking to my house. I closed the door, then reopened it. "And Chris. I'll give you one chance." Christian smiled like a little boy in a candy shop.

"Thanks Av. It'll go well. I promise!" He called, walking to his own house. I went into my room and closed the door, I shipped into my pajamas and fell on my bed and sighed.

I like him. I know I said I wouldn't. But I do. And I don't know what I should think of it. I closed my eyes and fell asleep.