Chapter 13

Cora finished packing and zipped her suitcase shut just as Steve appeared in her bedroom door.

"Ready?" He asked leaning a hip against the door frame. Cora, Steve, Bucky and Natasha were all going to New York to spend the holiday at the tower. Sam had already left for D.C. to visit some of his family.

"Sure am. How about you?"

Steve nodded. "I really didn't need to pack. I've got my own apartment at the tower, most of my stuff is still there. Tony just got here. He said the radio made it over just fine." He came over and easily lifted Cora's suitcase from the bed.

"That's good. Now you'll be able to listen to your records instead of sitting around in silence." She pecked Steve on the cheek and he helped her into her jacket.

"Listen, Cora. I was wondering..." Steve trailed off and rubbed the back of his neck.

"What is it?"

"Well, I was just thinking, that if you wanted to, maybe you could stay with me? In my apartment I mean. But only if you want to!" Steve looked away, a blush rising to his cheeks.

Cora giggled at his nervousness. For the past few days Steve had been trying to warm up to asking her something, but every time he had gotten close he had given a nervous "never mind" and changed the subject.

"Is this what you've been trying to ask me the last few days?"

"I...err...yeah. I just thought....I thought it'd be nice to...stay together. To...to have you stay with me." He rubbed the back of his neck again.

Going up onto tip toes Cora pressed a kiss to Steve's cheek. "I would love to stay with you."

Beaming Steve picked up Cora's suitcase and led her downstairs where the others were waiting for them.

Tony had flown over in the quinjet to pick them all up. It was faster and easier, considering they didn't have to try and get Bucky through airport security.

Once they had all boarded and were in the air, Steve showed Cora around the quinjet, showing her different things they used when on missions. He also told her stories of the different missions they had gone on, nothing that was classified of course.

Cora adored Steve when he got like this. He was all smiles, and talking excitedly. Happy to share part of his life with her. And the fact that she was genuinely interested, followed what he was saying and would ask questions, made him ecstatic.

Steve led Cora to a spot in the back of the jet where they could sit in a semblance of privacy.

"Hey, Capsicle! Stop boring the hell outta your girl. You never know she might get tired of your boring ass find someone ore interesting." Tony spoke up from the cockpit.

Bucky moved to say something, undoubtedly to defend Steve, but Steve stopped him before he could by standing and placing a hand on Bucky's arm.

"It's okay sweetie," Cora pulled Steve back down next to her and patted his knee. Leaning in so only Steve could hear her she said "You know I love it when you share things with me." She pulled his face to her and kissed him on the lips. "I could listen to your stories all day and never get bored."

Steve gave a small smile and leaned back in his seat. Placing his hand on her knee, he played with the hem of her dress.

Cora leaned into his side. She had gone to bed late the night before, and was still pretty tired. Natasha had helped pick out several outfits for the trip, and given her some much needed woman to woman advice.