Chapter 18

A/N Here you go everyone! There will be a second part to this chapter added later, it will be a lemon. Comments and voting appreciated! Thanks everyone!!! The song is American Boys by Halestorm.

Christmas Eve found the Avengers Tower full of life and people. The tower was decorated to the hilt with trees around every corner, mistletoe, millions of LED lights, red and green banners and ribbons and the staff were all wearing an assortment of elf ears, reindeer antlers and Santa hats.

While Steve was in the shower, Cora finished tousling her curls and tied them back with a dark blue ribbon that matched her dress. After slipping into her shoes, Cora went out into the living room and hung a fee more ornaments on the tree.

It had been a last minute decision to put a tree up in the living room of Steve's apartment. The tree was white and hung with blue lights. Cora had picked out an assortment of red bulbs. Some were glittery, metallic or had different designs. Steve was thrilled at the color choices, and was excited to have a proper Christmas tree.

Steve came out of the bedroom as Cora hung a bulb on the tree, singing along to Silent Night. "You look amazing." Steve wrapped his arms around her and kissed her.

Turning Cora saw Steve had dressed in a pair of jeans and a white v-neck t shirt. He also wore a dark blue jacket that matched her dress. "You look pretty handsome yourself."

Steve leaned down and kissed her. "You ready?"

"Yeah, I guess I'm just nervous about meeting everyone."

He flashed her a reassuring smile. "It's alright. You've met most of the team all ready, and the ones you haven't are all excited to meet you."

Taking Cora's hand, Steve led her from the apartment and to the elevator. Once they reached the floor where the party was, Cora realized that when Tony threw a party, he really did go all out. But then again, he was Tony Stark. Of course he did.

Steve led Cora over to where a group of people were mingling by the bar, keeping his arm around her waist reassuringly.

"Hey guys." Pepper hugged Cora and Steve and then returned to her place by Tony. "Thanks so much for coming."

"Wouldn't have dared to miss it." Cora returned the hug, just as Thor, followed by a woman with long brown hair and a girl with glasses came up to them.

"Hello, Captain. It is good to see you joining in the festivities." Thor greeted Steve, and then turned to Cora. "You must be the Lady Cora that I've heard so much about. This is my Lady Jane, and Lady Darcy, Jane's intern."

"Nice to meet you," Jane shook Cora's hand, and Darcy stepped up to her, scrunching her nose and pushing her glasses back up.

Leaning in Darcy whispered "If you get naked pics of the Cap, you could be a millionaire."

Cora's eyes went wide. Glancing at Steve, she knew he had overheard Darcy's whisper by the redness of his face. "I don't think that would be very appropriate." She whispered back, behind her hand. "But you're right. I could make millions, maybe even billions."

Darcy stepped back, a wide smile on her face. "I like you. You're one of us."

"One of us?"

"A fan girl." Darcy winked and then stalked off.

"Sorry about that. Darcy is...unique." Jane smiled apologetically.

"It's okay. She seems...nice."

Tony came over and handed Cora a drink from the bar. "Miss Anderson."