Chapter 29

A/N: Just thought I would include this pic to show the inspiration for Cora's dress

A/N: Just thought I would include this pic to show the inspiration for Cora's dress. This was the closest I could find to match the color of Steve's shirt however they match in the story. Also, am I the only one who was bothered by the shoes Steve wore to the Age of Ultron party? Yes? Oh well. Thanks for reading everyone!

Saturday came upon them fast. Tony and Bruce had been science bro-sing it out in the lab with Loki's newly retrieved scepter. Doing what? Tony had refused to tell anyone. Clint and Natasha spent their time in the gym and training rooms, sparring with Bucky and other team members. Steve spent his mornings running with Bucky and Sam, and his days with Cora. Everyone was happy to be back, and to have a break before going their separate ways.

"How do I look, Doll?" Steve finished rolling up his left sleeve, and stood still so Cora could look him over. Cora came over to him and did a slow circle, playfully eyeing him.

"Not too shabby, Cap." Cora stopped on front of him, staring down at his feet. "But those have got to go, Sweetie."

Steve looked down, confused. "What?"

"Your wearing light brown work boots with black pants and the blue shirt I got you for Christmas."

"Yeah?" Steve looked at her. "Is that bad?"

Cora shrugged. "Well, Sweetie, they just don't match." Taking him by the hand, Cora led Steve back into the bedroom. Guiding him to sit on the bed, she bent over and looked through the closet for a pair of shoes.

Steve eyed Cora as she bent in front of him. If the dress she were wearing was just a little bit shorter...

"Aha!" Cora stood back up, a pair of shoes held in hand. "Try these."

Steve pulled off his boots, and put on the black shoes that Cora had picked. Standing up, he held his hands out. "How's it look now?"

Cora gave him a sultry stare, gently chewing on her bottom lip.

Waving his hand in front of her, Steve said "Doll? Hello? You in there?"

Cora shook her head. "Huh? Oh! Yeah, you look great."

Steve smiled and pulled her against him for a hot kiss. When they broke apart, he said "Ready?"

"Sure am." Cora went up onto her tip toes to give him another kiss, then allowed him to pull her through the apartment and out the door.

By the time they arrived, the party was in full swing. Everyone was in attendance. The Avengers, the staff from throughout the tower and various Stark foundations, as well as friends and important people of the city of New York.

They mingled, moving throughout the party, Steve introducing Cora to the few people she hadn't met yet. After a few hours of mingling and sharing stories with the rest of the team, and Natasha came over to Cora.